• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Matt Hancock out of his depth? (HEALTH WARNING: BR14 TRIGGER)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ooooohhhh Pray Tell

Oooh Pray tell, flummin hell don't be so blumin unpatriotic, now is not the time

Comment

Isn't hindsight wonderful?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        I daren't watch it, for fear of damaging my laptop with a brick. Can't stand that loudmouthed gobtulipe Piers Moron!
        Indeed. Repulsive, unpleasant character. Not surprising he's lauded by certain cretin calling CUKers.

Why are people so eager to stick up for the Tories, just because they went to nice schools and have posh accents
        What is that supposed to mean? You seriously think that's why people (apart from some who went to nice schools and have posh accents maybe) support Tories?

Rather than listening to the Tories listen to the Health care chiefs, Doctors and Nurse who have been silenced, care workers on the front line who are all in total agreement this has been shambolic.
        Yeh, just ask Nurse Gladys Emmanuel - sorted!. It's easy to tackle all the problems of the world when you you aren't in a position where you actually have to do it.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
          Ooh pray tell, I would not have abandoned the pandemic risk register, I would not have made the most savage cuts to the NHS in it's history.

ooh pray tell, I would not have had the lowest beds, nurses and doctors in Europe.

I would not have rented beds a cost of £2m+ a day

I would not have left it far far to late, rather act quickly and decisively months ago

I would not have come up with £92 a week and herd immunity

I would not have privatised large chunks of the NHS so the money goes to the likes of Richard (none tax paying) Branson

I would not have passed up on numerous opportunities to buy ventilators from British Companies

I would not have put an idiotic message to British Business to make ventilators and then ignore them and make 30 out of the 30,000 we needed

I would not have lied about PPE and act with integrity like other world leaders (-Trump)

I would not have made badges in some feeble nationlistic gesture

On the other hand

I would have funded the NHS using tax payers money so we would be prepared

I would not have abandoned the Pandemic risk register so we would know exactly the right response

I would have looked at other European countries to learn from them

I would have had a plan in place well before it unfolded

I would speak with honesty and integrity

I would be single minded in saving lives as apposed to covering my arse

I would not dupe the public with phoney nationalist bluster and sentiment praying on simple minded people
          A lot of 'would not's' and we only have your word for your honesty and integrity and are you suggesting that UK ministers aren't being single minded in tackling this crisis At least they're tackling it and getting no worse or better results than other Countries. What's really happening elsewhere or do they all have a magic pill that ameliorates the situation when there's no cure and the virus is a pervasive little beast? What do you think of Germany hoarding their PPE or what's happening with the refugee camps in Greece or why Austria is in denial and highlights anyone's figures but their own, etcetera?

I'd love to witness you reacting to weeks of incessant bashing by the Daily Wail and Express and still come out smiling and putting in the 18 hour days herding cats

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Indeed. Repulsive, unpleasant character. Not surprising he's lauded by certain cretin calling CUKers.

What is that supposed to mean? You seriously think that's why people (apart from some who went to nice schools and have posh accents maybe) support Tories?

Yeh, just ask Nurse Gladys Emmanuel - sorted!. It's easy to tackle all the problems of the world when you you aren't in a position where you actually have to do it.
            You haven't really said anything here or made any kid of point.

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
              A lot of 'would not's' and we only have your word for your honesty and integrity and are you suggesting that UK ministers aren't being single minded in tackling this crisis At least they're tackling it and getting no worse or better results than other Countries. What's really happening elsewhere or do they all have a magic pill that ameliorates the situation when there's no cure and the virus is a pervasive little beast? What do you think of Germany hoarding their PPE or what's happening with the refugee camps in Greece or why Austria is in denial and highlights anyone's figures but their own, etcetera?

I'd love to witness you reacting to weeks of incessant bashing by the Daily Wail and Express and still come out smiling and putting in the 18 hour days herding cats
              Honesty and Integrity are tangible and visible.

Greece
              How Greece is beating coronavirus despite a decade of debt | World news | The Guardian

Austria
              Coronavirus: How Austria managed to flatten the curve | The Independent

To compare ourselves to German is just laughable

Success Success everywhere but the UK, I speak regularly to colleagues across Europe. We are a laughing stock let's not be in denial. Lives are at risk.

Comment

So far we've had from him:

- the five pillars
                - the 3 stages
                - the five tests and now
                - the six point battle plan

Takers on what comes next, the one stop solution?
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

- the five pillars
                  - the 3 stages
                  - the five tests and now

Sir Richard Wharton : In stage one we say nothing is going to happen.

Sir Humphrey Appleby : Stage two, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.

Sir Richard Wharton : In stage three, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we *can* do.

Sir Humphrey Appleby : Stage four, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

- the five pillars
                    - the 3 stages
                    - the five tests and now

Nope. Once it's all over:

The cons blame the NHS, put lots of "managers" in place and use their own total incompetence as an excuse to sell it off wholesale under the illusion of "Altering the model".

Just what they have been trying to so since the Labour Government brought it to life.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

I daren't watch it, for fear of damaging my laptop with a brick. Can't stand that loudmouthed gobtulipe Piers Moron!
                      2020-04-16 Britain’s Biggest Social Distancing Hypocrite is Piers Morgan
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X