• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Matt Hancock out of his depth? (HEALTH WARNING: BR14 TRIGGER)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Matt Hancock out of his depth? (HEALTH WARNING: BR14 TRIGGER)

This made I laff (Needs sound):

‘Do your job’: Piers Morgan tells Matt Hancock to admit government mistakes in heated GMB row | The Independent
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Govt handling of this has been terrible IMHO.

I would say only the USA has handled it in a worse manner.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Something's gone wrong. I find myself agreeing with you again.

Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Hancock was either lying yesterday that he had promised 25,000 tests / day by yesterday or had forgotten.

100,000 tests / day by the end of April.

Still, Boris is a bit of a character, and that's what the country needs. And one mustn't disagree or that would be undemocratic.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Still, Boris is a bit of a character, and that's what the country needs. And one mustn't disagree or that would be undemocratic.
          I wonder if he thought about his "Operation Last Gasp" joke while he was struggling to breathe, with some despised Euro Portuguese bloke keeping him alive.
          You gotta laff.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            I wonder if he thought about his "Operation Last Gasp" joke while he was struggling to breathe, with some despised Euro Portuguese bloke keeping him alive.
            You gotta laff.
            I missed that particular joke.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Give Russia a chance.

Comment

This news segment from Peter Hitchens said it all for me:

Matthew Hancock, Secretary of State for Health, went on national TV to threaten to ban outdoor exercise if people continued to break 'social distancing' rules.

From a Government that claims to be preserving life and health, this threat was literally mad.

Banning exercise for any length of time will lead to the deaths and illness of many thousands of currently healthy, older people who know that such exercise is vital to their physical and mental wellbeing.

Such exercise can easily be taken while maintaining the required distance from others.

The threat was a dictatorial one, of collective punishment of all for the wrongdoing of others.

This is illegal under Article 33 of the 1949 Geneva Conventions. A foreign occupier would not be allowed to do it
                "Out of his depth" doesn't go far enough TBH...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  I missed that particular joke.
                  Boris Johnson speaks out on his 'Operation Last Gasp' joke about making more ventilators to fight coronavirus | Metro News

UK leader Boris Johnson's "Operation Last Gasp" ventilator joke not so funny now | PortandTerminal.com

This was picked up with some glee by the Euro press not surprisingly.
                  And you though the UK had reached it's nadir with Brexit?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    And you though the UK had reached it's nadir with Brexit?
                    Nah, "they" are still digging.

Maybe "they"'ll eventually reach Oz.

It's all far beyond surreal now.

Though someone lamping Piers Morgan would make up for a lot.

Can we send the obnoxious mother****er more of those vegan pasties that nearly killed him?
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                    X