• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For those expecting another US led V shaped recovery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Recovery will start proper once there is proven cheap available medicine to treat people who got infected (and obviously testing to detect it early, not when people need to be on ventilator).

Vaccine (if it works) 12-18 months away, though there are noises if it being available to medical workers this fall, which is likely, but feck knows if it works (and for how long).
    But what else is there to unwind now? People have lost their jobs. The're not spending in the economy. What is going to happen to all those never-never car loans? The world has been borrowing from the future to prop up car manufacturing. What else is lurking?

Comment

Trump wanting to re-open the economy asap to avoid terminal velocity as it sinks. Better hang on, this white knuckle ride hasn't even reached the first drop yet.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Last week, I was expecting a K based recovery, but I've gone contrarian and am now expecting a Q based recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
          22 million jobs erased in 4 weeks!
          22m job claims in 4 weeks. I bet its not a 1:1 with actual job losses.

Comment

$350 billion small business paycheck-protection program out of cash - Business Insider

A critical government relief program for small businesses is already out of money just two weeks after it was rolled out.
            The $350 billion Paycheck Protection Program had faced overwhelming demand since its introduction on April 3.

Comment

It was on a first-come-first-serve basis, just to make sure firms were encouraged to undertake due diligence and follow robust corporate governance.

Comment

Working...
              X