• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Duckling season is upon us!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duckling season is upon us!

I can't claim credit for this photo ...

... but the season for ducklings, cygnets and assorted baby water birds is upon us. None spotted around here yet, but some of you must live in slightly warmer spots, so post your pictures here. I'll do likewise when they arrive - there are a couple of spots within my authorised 2km exercise zone.
    Last edited by Old Greg; 17 April 2020, 08:05.

We saw a large family of geese with about a dozen goslings in Bushy Park on Sunday. The parents were going mental whenever anyone with a dog went near them, which sadly was quite frequently. They were beautiful brightly-coloured geese as well, not your Canadian rubbish. I'll try and get photos next time.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Do you like duckling?

I don't know, I never duckled

(The old jokes are the best... )

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        We saw a large family of geese with about a dozen goslings in Bushy Park on Sunday. The parents were going mental whenever anyone with a dog went near them, which sadly was quite frequently. They were beautiful brightly-coloured geese as well, not your Canadian rubbish. I'll try and get photos next time.
        Geese are mental at the best of times.

Comment

Post a few more pics of nice little ducks or summit and I might remove you from my ignore list.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Post a few more pics of nice little ducks or summit and I might remove you from my ignore list.
            Not fussed either way about that TBH.

Comment

Mmmmhhh, duck. Goose is also good, and all that lovely fat you get to use on your roast spuds...

England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                Mmmmhhh, duck. Goose is also good, and all that lovely fat you get to use on your roast spuds...

A man after my own heart!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  I can't claim credit for this photo ...

... but the season for ducklings, cygnets and assorted baby water birds is upon us. None spotted around here yet, but some of you must live in slightly warmer spots, so post your pictures here. I'll do likewise when they arrive - there are a couple of spots within my authorised 2km exercise zone.

Darn I was going to call you Sticky Vicky from now on!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Still no ducklings, but the cygnets are out of the nest.

Comment

Working...
                    X