• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you believe you'd survive Covid-19

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Only had flu or summit like it twice in my life and never that bad. My son seems to catch these things a lot more than I do. That said, these things are complex. Not guarantee of survival.

PS And one of those was after being on a flight from Moscow next to a smelly coughing bloke.
    Who then went on to create a SKA....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Who then went on to create a SKA....
      Kebab is a very persistent smell.

Comment

Excellent poll - AndyW's mum option and an incorrect use of the apostrophe. Well done.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Kebabed squirrel is a very persistent smell.
          FTFY!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Expressed in units of the Brexit subforum aka “cretins”, Swindon amounts to 0.1 cretins, which is debilitating but sub-fatal.
            Whoa there!!! Are you suggesting that being exiled to Swindon *isn't* a fate worse than death?
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Whoa there!!! Are you suggesting that being exiled to Swindon *isn't* a fate worse than death?
              It would be a lot better if Dim carked it.

Comment

Probably won't be good for me but then I am fit so maybe the body might fight it off.

When I get colds it tends to morph into chest infections which in turn triggers my asthma so who knows what this virus will do to me.

I've had full blown flu and it put me in bed for 5 days. 2 recent asthma attacks should have put me in hospital but docs managed to keep me out purely because I have to look after the wife, and me going into hospital would have put her there too (or a care home) and no one really wanted that to happen.

I cycle 4-5 times a week. Strong heart. Low resting HR. Never smoked. Muscular and fit/healthy. Come on covid-19 ... bring it ON
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Only had flu or summit like it twice in my life and never that bad. My son seems to catch these things a lot more than I do. That said, these things are complex. Not guarantee of survival.

PS And one of those was after being on a flight from Moscow next to a smelly coughing bloke.
                  Funnily enough, he said exactly the same thing...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                    Where is the option "I already kicked it's arse, but it wasn't pretty"?

Pretty sure the whole family beat it already with a various degrees of suffering. Can't be sure without anti-body test though
                    This. Was very ill for about 48 hours. Fever, hallucinations everything hurt, and then rough as a badger for about 2 weeks afterwards.
                    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      Exposure to Swindon lies somewhere in the gap between brain death and biological death.

Comment

Working...
                      X