• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Darwin Awards - Covid 19 Category

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darwin Awards - Covid 19 Category

And the winner is:

A Virginia pastor who defied warnings about the danger of religious gatherings during the pandemic and vowed to keep preaching “unless I’m in jail or the hospital” died over the weekend after contracting Covid-19, his church said.
    Pastor Who Defied Social Distancing Dies After Contracting Covid-19, Church Says - The New York Times

If only he were a PM, he'd be alive today.

NHS > God

Comment

Mr. Nevers announced the death of Bishop Glenn during an Easter sermon, which was posted on the Facebook page of the Richmond-area Pentecostal congregation. He said that Bishop Glenn had transitioned from labor to reward.

“The first thing I asked God is, ‘Why?’” Mr. Nevers said. “The bishop has touched our lives in so many ways.”

Comment

Reported on Channel 4 News a couple of weeks ago.

A senior Iranian cleric preached to a mass of followers how he had been spared from CV by taking holy water. He died a few days later...
        Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 17 April 2020, 10:34.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          Reported on Channel 4 News a couple of weeks ago.

A senior Iranian cleric preached to a mass of followers how he had been spared from CV by holy water. He died a few days later...
          Find a link or it didn't happen as you didn't post on the day.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

A Virginia pastor who defied warnings about the danger of religious gatherings during the pandemic and vowed to keep preaching “unless I’m in jail or the hospital” died over the weekend after contracting Covid-19, his church said.
            I presume 'the morgue' never occurred to him.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Well, he didn't live to regret his actions

Shame his god didn't spare him
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                I presume 'the morgue' never occurred to him.
                That's a hospital department.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  That's a hospital department.
                  It's likely to be a refrigerated lorry right about now...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Highly commended

Man dies after taking chloroquine in an attempt to prevent coronavirus

Comment

Working...
                    X