Any maths / statistics whizzes here? Any maths / statistics whizzes here? - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Posts 51 to 60 of 72
  1. #51

    I live on CUK

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    22,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    You clearly didn't understand my statement.
    Which one? There's been so many over the years...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

  2. #52

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Which one? There's been so many over the years...
    Like all cretins, you keep digging.

    Enough, already.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  3. #53

    I live on CUK

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    22,509

    Default

    129 - 130 weeks - that answer we're all waiting for you to give with your impressive education in statistics. Yet no probabilistic approach is required, just simple deterministic excel drag and drop. Assumptions made, population & rate are static values.


    Week population/widget2 rate population_remaining
    1 100 0.04 96
    2 96 0.04 92
    3 92 0.04 88
    4 88 0.04 85
    5 85 0.04 82
    6 82 0.04 78
    127 1 0.04 1
    128 1 0.04 1
    129 1 0.04 1
    130 1 0.04 0
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

  4. #54

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    129 - 130 weeks - that answer we're all waiting for you to give with your impressive education in statistics. Yet no probabilistic approach is required, just simple deterministic excel drag and drop. Assumptions made, population & rate are static values.


    Week population/widget2 rate population_remaining
    1 100 0.04 96
    2 96 0.04 92
    3 92 0.04 88
    4 88 0.04 85
    5 85 0.04 82
    6 82 0.04 78
    127 1 0.04 1
    128 1 0.04 1
    129 1 0.04 1
    130 1 0.04 0

    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  5. #55

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is always on top

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covid City
    Posts
    36,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    When Trump pretends to be an expert in epidemiology, he reminds me of you.
    When your facing an extremely intelligent bacteria like Covid-19, you need to shout about it.

  6. #56

    Contractor Among Contractors

    pr1 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    129 - 130 weeks - that answer we're all waiting for you to give with your impressive education in statistics. Yet no probabilistic approach is required, just simple deterministic excel drag and drop. Assumptions made, population & rate are static values.


    Week population/widget2 rate population_remaining
    1 100 0.04 96
    2 96 0.04 92
    3 92 0.04 88
    4 88 0.04 85
    5 85 0.04 82
    6 82 0.04 78
    127 1 0.04 1
    128 1 0.04 1
    129 1 0.04 1
    130 1 0.04 0
    afaik 0.4% =/= 0.04

  7. #57

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pr1 View Post
    afaik 0.4% =/= 0.04
    That's not really an issue, just semantics.
    However Pooper is not completely thick, he's just reduced the problem to a level that's within his capabilities.
    Here's some hints Pooper: read the past posts, work out what has been done and why.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  8. #58

    Contractor Among Contractors

    pr1 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    That's not really an issue, just semantics.
    However Pooper is not completely thick, he's just reduced the problem to a level that's within his capabilities.
    Here's some hints Pooper: read the past posts, work out what has been done and why.
    but if he used the right number he'd get a similar number to you and NAT (1897 weeks to your 1860 ish)

  9. #59

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is always on top

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covid City
    Posts
    36,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Is this a gut feel or your expert opinion?
    Here's my working out.



    Invoice is in the post.

  10. #60

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pr1 View Post
    but if he used the right number he'd get a similar number to you and NAT (1897 weeks to your 1860 ish)
    What about sampling with replacement? Another hint for Pooper.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •