• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Belgium and UK have the highest COVID case fatality rates (CFR)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belgium and UK have the highest COVID case fatality rates (CFR)

Yes I know the data is incomplete and things will come out in the wash, but its already clear that Germany, for example, will never be close.
    It's also worth noting that Belgium includes community deaths as well, but the UK is only counting hospital deaths.
    I suspect if community deaths are included, the UK is a clear winner.

Mortality Analyses - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center
    Last edited by sasguru; 18 April 2020, 15:37.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Totally unfair to compare UK with Germany.

Germany can afford to have quality healthcare system because they are high taxing country with income tax rates at 45% for annual incomes of over €265,327.

Germany is so harsh that they even charge 26.375% dividend tax even if owner lives in British Virgin Islands.

Last edited by AtW; 18 April 2020, 15:58.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Germany can afford to have quality healthcare system because they are high taxing country with income tax rates at 45% for annual incomes of over €265,327.

Germany is so harsh that they even charge 26.375% dividend tax even if owner lives in British Virgin Islands.

Healthcare has nothing to do with income tax n Germany
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Healthcare has nothing to do with income tax n Germany
        It's a pity that no lessons are going to be learnt from this and the UK will probably double down on its Soviet style system.
        Been saying for years we need an insurance based system.

But to be fair I don't think the CFR is due to systems, since the Uk system doesn't look like it is overwhelmed at the moment.
        Rather the German leadership is better educated and acted faster.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Sounds like you need to join the other Lord Haw Haw types and move to Germany.

Comment

and house prices won't budge.

It will be interesting to see how well the UK does in developing and distributing the vaccine.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              It's a pity that no lessons are going to be learnt from this and the UK will probably double down on its Soviet style system.
              Been saying for years we need an insurance based system.

But to be fair I don't think the CFR is due to systems, since the Uk system doesn't look like it is overwhelmed at the moment.
              Rather the German leadership is better educated and acted faster.
              I’ve visited a hospital in Moscow, it blows any Uk hospital I’ve ever been in for levels of

Equipment
              Staff knowledge
              Diagnostics
              Cleaning
              Everything basically

Can’t think of anything a Uk hospital would beat it by

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                I’ve visited a hospital in Moscow, it blows any Uk hospital I’ve ever been in for levels of

Equipment
                Staff knowledge
                Diagnostics
                Cleaning
                Everything basically

Can’t think of anything a Uk hospital would beat it by

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                What is tractor production like?

Comment

Plus Germany gassed all of the weak / infirm / disabled during the 2nd world war so have a different population mix. Harsh. But true.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Actually €270,501 so a single person earning €280,000 in 2020:

108.921,00 Euro 38,90 % 45,00 %
                    5.990,65 Euro 2,14 %
                    114.911,65 Euro 41,04 %

A married person would be:

99.672,00 Euro 35,60 % 42,00 %
                    5.481,96 Euro 1,96 %
                    105.153,96 Euro 37,56 %

The calculation is:

a) bis 9.408 Euro ESt = 0
                    b) von 9.409 Euro bis 14.532 Euro ESt = (972,87 * y + 1.400) * y
                    y = (zvE - 9.408) / 10.000
                    c) von 14.533 Euro bis 57.051 Euro ESt = (212,02 * z + 2.397) * z + 972,79
                    z = (zvE - 14.532) / 10.000
                    d) von 57.052 Euro bis 270.500 Euro ESt = 0,42 * zvE - 8.963,74
                    e) ab 270.501 Euro ESt = 0,45 * zvE - 17.078,74

Then you do your yearly tax return, doesn't matter if you're self employed or an employee but you can go to an accountant and get rebates on a load of stuff..
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X