• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clap for the NHS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    I always clap for the carers of sasguru and OldGreg on Thursdays, those carers put in one hell of a shift!
    Really? I thought they went AWOL years ago...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

fook off back to where you came from. After you've saved our lives
      More like "return to the country that subsidised your training, now that we have exhausted our reserves paying you to do your job"

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Really? I thought they went insane years ago...
        FTFY
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
          The Home Office says NHS doctors, nurses and paramedics with UK work visas due to expire before 1 October will have them automatically extended for a year so they can "focus on fighting coronavirus"

(not my words but) AKA. "fook off back to where you came from. After you've saved our lives"

I was never comfortable with the clapping for the hierocracy of it, but living in the NE , there's no conservatives around us, so it is heartfelt. I still do it weekly (and imagine its for me, the keyboard warrior , who is no where near a hospital!) For everyone who voted Conservative, its just salt in the wounds.
          Be interesting how many of those who go out to clap on Thursday and clap, when it costs them nothing, will be willing to pay extra tax to go into the NHS to pay for increased salaries for nurses etc. And how many of the clappers will be marching and demonstrating on behalf of the nurses. Feels very patronising to me - I only know a few people in the NHS (my wife has a few district nurses, palliative team and a few others) and none seem overly supportive of the clapping. They'd all rather a bit more in the pocket than someone banging a saucepan!

many people are angry and also touched at the same time.
          Sounds like the posting community on CUK
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

...many people are angry and also touched at the same time.
            Some people pay for that...

Comment

That clapping is a bit like clapping when a plane lands.

Why don't people lobby to get NHS mismanagement of money sorted?

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post

Why don't people lobby to get NHS mismanagement of money sorted?
                Because clapping is easier and doesn't require any self sacrifice...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Because clapping is easier and doesn't require any self sacrifice...
                  Look at me, look at me, look at me ... over here... I'm banging a tin pot (the likes that poorly paid nurses don't have to p1ss in) .... i'll record my clapping and put it on Facebook so all my friends can see how much I care for 2 minutes a week, before I then go and have a drink with my neighbours in our gardens (which, lets face it, is what the Thursday night thing has really turned into)

Last edited by Whorty; 20 May 2020, 07:33.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                    I always clap for the carers of sasguru and OldGreg on Thursdays, those carers put in one hell of a shift!
                    It's nice of your Mum to let you stay up late once a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      Look at me, look at me, look at me ... over here... I'm banging a tin pot (the likes that poorly paid nurses don't have to p1ss in) .... i'll record my clapping and put it on Facebook so all my friends can see how much I care for 2 minutes a week, before I then go and have a drink with my neighbours in our gardens (which, lets face it, is what the Thursday night thing has really turned into)

Its strange how media such as the Daily Fail and it's ilk considers this and the recent VE day parties as fine yet when a couple of people sit in the park, with social distancing, they're called 'covidiots'....
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X