Clap for the NHS Clap for the NHS
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 40
  1. #1

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,631

    Default Clap for the NHS

    So I see from the press that people in the UK are clapping for the NHS on Wednesdays.

    Are these the same people?

    All MPs who voted against a full pay rise for nurses in 2017 - and why they did - Mirror Online
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  2. #2

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    18,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    So I see from the press that people in the UK are clapping for the NHS on Wednesdays.

    Are these the same people?

    All MPs who voted against a full pay rise for nurses in 2017 - and why they did - Mirror Online
    Yes and no. It was actually a public sector pay rise which also includes NHS staff. They also cheered when it was voted against, nice people
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  3. #3

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    18,151
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  4. #4

    Double Godlike!

    LondonManc is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    11,830

    Default

    Thursdays.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  5. #5

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran has reached the peak. Play again?

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    33,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    Thursdays.
    they can't be expected to know that they are ex-p(r)ats
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  6. #6

    Super poster

    Whorty - scorchio!

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    4,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    Thursdays.
    He did say he'd seen in the press it was Wednesdays .... he didn't say he had the wit or intellect to understand that it is actually Thursday
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

  7. #7

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    He did say he'd seen in the press it was Wednesdays .... he didn't say he had the wit or intellect to understand that it is actually Thursday
    You still think Covid will just kill off those who would have died anyway?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  8. #8

    Super poster

    Whorty - scorchio!

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    4,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    You still think Covid will just kill off those who would have died anyway?
    You still think it's going to be 500,000 deaths in the UK alone? Or was it a million deaths?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

  9. #9

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    You still think it's going to be 500,000 deaths in the UK alone? Or was it a million deaths?
    Point out where I said that.
    Your pathetic attempt at deflection via a ginormous straw man is simply because you're a cretin.
    Not only is CV19 leading to a huge number of EXCESS deaths, EXCESS deaths from other causes are also rising sharply as hospitals are re-purposed for CV19.

    There's basic stupid. And then there's Whorty.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  10. #10

    Super poster

    Whorty - scorchio!

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    4,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    Point out where I said that.
    Your pathetic attempt at deflection via a ginormous straw man is simply because you're a cretin.
    Not only is CV19 leading to a huge number of EXCESS deaths, EXCESS deaths from other causes are also rising sharply as hospitals are re-purposed for CV19.

    There's basic stupid. And then there's Whorty.
    You can't read simple media that says the clapping is on Thursday and not Wednesday, so I'll not waste my time to go and find your post to the model (that you was so proud you'd found) that was being circulated everywhere a few weeks ago - this model was forecasting a near 100% infection rate and a 500,000 deaths in the UK.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •