• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spice up your Zoom meetings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spice up your Zoom meetings

It seems that everyone is using Zoom now, so why not spice it up and deepfake your face and swap out with someone more interesting or better looking.

Having met some of you, this could be life changing...have a remote interview? Swap out your face for someone younger or normal looking.

This Open-Source Program Deepfakes You During Zoom Meetings, in Real Time - VICE

For those who actually want to try it, see the github link below, be warned you need a beefy graphics card.

GitHub - alievk/avatarify: Avatars for Zoom and Skype

I have successfully managed to avoid being on any zoom meet ups. I think I should seek out how to turn me into a potato and see if people can spot the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I have successfully managed to avoid being on any zoom meet ups. I think I should seek out how to turn me into a potato and see if people can spot the difference.
      You are in luck, there is a filter on 'Snap Camera' (by Snapchat) where you can be a potato for your meetings

Comment

Originally posted by Ploptimus View Post
        You are in luck, there is a filter on 'Snap Camera' (by Snapchat) where you can be a potato for your meetings
        I'm not installing snapchat.

I think I'll just get a Mr Potato Head kit and a spud from Sainsbury's

Comment

I'm going to get it to fake me be awake. Or I could just do this:

Comment

I've managed to avoid Zoom meetings to, though it seems to be the thing at the moment.

I think you can create your own avatar faces which seems a bit dangerous just need to practice on the vocal impression, maybe not.
            Last edited by woohoo; 20 April 2020, 10:57.

Comment

Why are people using Zoom, some dubious Chinese software (Eric Yuan - Wikipedia) probably sponsored by the Chinese Communists to spy on US and Western corporations?

Has the world gone fecking mad?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                I'm going to get it to fake me be awake. Or I could just do this:

I can see these making a comeback:

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Why are people using Zoom, some dubious Chinese software (Eric Yuan - Wikipedia) probably sponsored by the Chinese Communists to spy on US and Western corporations?

Has the world gone fecking mad?
                  No idea, though I'm not sure how secure the alternatives are. Friend has to do consultations via Zoom as apparently Skype isn't secure enough.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    No idea, though I'm not sure how secure the alternatives are. Friend has to do consultations via Zoom as apparently Skype isn't secure enough.
                    Zoom: Two new security exploits uncovered - CNET

Nothing is as unsecure as Zoom. We use Cisco Jabber.

Comment

Working...
                    X