• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Digital contact tracing will fail unless privacy is respected, experts warn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They need 100% algo solution like AliBaba did in China - only people involved should be test people who will update status based on test results and the bouncers checking current holder status at the doors of fine establishments

Contact tracing won’t be scalable and high quality if lots of manual work required - pre-requisite is near 100% app install rate, only can be achieved by making it compulsory.

No app = no mobile coverage other than 2G calls.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      They need 100% algo solution like AliBaba did in China - only people involved should be test people who will update status based on test results and the bouncers checking current holder status at the doors of fine establishments

Contact tracing won’t be scalable and high quality if lots of manual work required - pre-requisite is near 100% app install rate, only can be achieved by making it compulsory.

No app = no mobile coverage other than 2G calls.
      That's fine, Mr C only has a 2G phone.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I’ve got about 50 2G phones for sale to paranoid types - great battery life, so that Govt will snuggle to know when you are recharging it

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          That's fine, Mr C only has a 2G phone.

I would have thought you'd have spent at least 9G on him...
          Sirin Solarin
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You don't need any 2G/3G/4G/5G, just bluetooth.

Install an app on your phone that broadcasts some unique GUID over bluetooth so other copies of the app can collect them when they get in range. Sync all this data with a server somewhere.

If you then catch COVID19 you alert the app that you are UNCLEAN and it can mark your UNCLEAN status on it's DB and then pull out all the GUIDs of people that came near you in the last 14 days and send a push notification down to then telling them that they were near an UNCLEAN person and may now be UNCLEAN as well.

Doesn't even need to use GPS to track where you were (although that could be a useful metric to highlight areas where UNCLEAN people have been gathering.

Comment

I'm pretty sure my 2G phones don't have bluetooth.

Then again, around here I only get a signal when it's not raining.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                I'm pretty sure my 2G phones don't have bluetooth.

Then again, around here I only get a signal when it's not raining.

Swindon?

Comment

2 billion phones cannot use Google and Apple contact-tracing tech | Ars Technica

Any tech reliant on mobile phones is likely to exclude those vulnerable people who most need to know.

Typical of this day and age that everyone thinks everything can be solved by an app.

Comment

Dedicated hardware device is needed, to be worn visibly to others and using traffic system to indicate if the person is Green, Amber or Red.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Dedicated hardware device is needed, to be worn visibly to others and using traffic system to indicate if the person is Green, Amber or Red.

HTH
                      So if you don't like people you just wear red.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X