• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

$10 a barrel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
    So it should be 70-80p a litre at the pump.

We're being fleeced. Actually there's a better F-word.
    Not sure what the lag is between the spot price today and the pump, but there will be one (although I get your point because it's less sticky on the way up ).

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Not sure what the lag is between the spot price today and the pump, but there will be one (although I get your point because it's less sticky on the way up ).
      The lag is different depending on a price change:

1. If price of oil increases then the lag is near 0.
      2. If price of oil decreases then the lag is until the next big increase.

HTH

Comment

Below $3 per barrel.
        Barrel not included!

Comment

June contracts still at 22$. This means you make an instant 20$ profit on every barrel.

Not many traders have any storage to take advantage.

This means it's an anomaly due to lack of storage, you won't be seeing much change in pump prices.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

There is bound to be loads of unsold oil bought at higher prices, no way they'll be selling it at current low prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
              Imagine how skint Scotland would be right now if it had voted for Independence
              Yeah, funnily the only oil producing nation that doesn’t have anything to show for it except foodbanks.

We’ll be ok with our other natural resources when we are independent.

Comment

Below $3 per barrel.
                You was ripped off!

Now less than $2 a barrel for front month contract! Down about 91%

Oil - BNN Bloomberg

Comment

A good time to invest in oil shipping companies who will be able to charge simply by sitting in a dock with a tank full of oil.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

This would have never happened under Labour.

Comment

Oil hit $0.01 at its low.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X