• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Victory is close on IR35 - happy days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victory is close on IR35 - happy days

Middle of the night tweet from Andy C at ipse

I’m hearing rumours - and I must stress this is rumour only - that #IR35 is being removed from the Finance Bill. @IPSEwestminster will report any concrete news once we have it

twitter.com/AndyIPSE

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Middle of the night tweet from Andy C at ipse

I’m hearing rumours - and I must stress this is rumour only - that #IR35 is being removed from the Finance Bill. @IPSEwestminster will report any concrete news once we have it

twitter.com/AndyIPSE

Good news if it turns out to be true.

Given HMRC/HMT you can guarantee there'll be a sting in the tail somewhere down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
      Good news if it turns out to be true.

Given HMRC/HMT you can guarantee there'll be a sting in the tail somewhere down the line.
      AndyC would only be posting if already 100% done deal and to get the news out 1st before others

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        AndyC would only be posting if already 100% done deal and to get the news out 1st before others
        I can understand that. It's a dog eat dog world in claiming who is most effective in opposing IR35.

It's quite sad though nothing has been posted on the IPSE forums so far.

Comment

Not sure what you mean.

Sure, it was removed from the Finance Bill for 20/21.

Do you mean it won’t be reintroduced into the FB for 21/22? Seems weird and unlikely that they would make this decision now...

Comment

It will never be removed. It's been running along fine in the public sector for years. It will come to the private sector like it or not.

Comment

I assume he means the private sector reform. Very weird tweet though. Doesn’t make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
                I can understand that. It's a dog eat dog world in claiming who is most effective in opposing IR35.

It's quite sad though nothing has been posted on the IPSE forums so far.
                From what I hear, nothing much gets posted on the IPSE forums anyway

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  I assume he means the private sector reform. Very weird tweet though. Doesn’t make sense.
                  Maybe he had a draft tweet ready to send earlier in the year and never deleted it, only to accidently pocket tweet while tipsy?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    From what I hear, nothing much gets posted on the IPSE forums anyway
                    I recall that pretty much the only people who did post on the IPSE forum, were the now disbanded CC and the former CEO? A number of these (including the CEO) have subsequently left IPSE.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                    X