• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Emergency Food Parcel delivered to the door - ever wonder where you taxes go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blatant sockies are in vulnerable grouo on here - hope your parcel contains fresh accounts!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Does seem a bit odd they could have given you a special code in your vulnerable letter that the supermarkets could recognise and priority deliver to you.
      I've heard this is happening - MiL got something like this in a letter from Tesco but not sure how it is actually implemented.

If you are wealthy enough to pay for your food parcel but rely on having the food, just work out the rough cost and donate it to someone providing meals in the community?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I've heard this is happening - MiL got something like this in a letter from Tesco but not sure how it is actually implemented.

If you are wealthy enough to pay for your food parcel but rely on having the food, just work out the rough cost and donate it to someone providing meals in the community?
        That's a good idea. Or I wonder if food banks would accept the parcel as a donation.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Does seem a bit odd they could have given you a special code in your vulnerable letter that the supermarkets could recognise and priority deliver to you.
          They are sort of doing that already. It's a big government database though, so don't expect it to work very well, or indeed at all...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            They are sort of doing that already. It's a big government database though, so don't expect it to work very well, or indeed at all...

I was rather thinking why are the government getting involved in deliveries when companies are geared up for it and need the work?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              That's a good idea. Or I wonder if food banks would accept the parcel as a donation.
              I'm sure they would in the case you shouldn't have/don't need the box. You could ask them which they prefer, I can imagine sometimes they'd rather food and other times cash would be easier.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Don't conflate vulnerable people who cannot get to the shops with poor household.
                This. The food is so you don't have to go to the shops and risk bringing the virus back into your vulnerable household (?).

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                  This. The food is so you don't have to go to the shops and risk bringing the virus back into your vulnerable household (?).
                  Possibly Benny is recorded as someone the government wants to keep indoors because life is tough enough for everyone as it is.

Comment

Possibly Benny is recorded as someone the government wants to keep indoors because life is tough enough for everyone as it is.
                    There is no "possibly" about it.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      There is no "possibly" about it.

I was being kind, as always.

Comment

Working...
                      X