• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Emergency Food Parcel delivered to the door - ever wonder where you taxes go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    My best mates have the same issue. Both high tax payers, 2 kids in paid for schooling, no mortgage, loads of dosh ... she had an op a few years ago and only has part of one lung and so is protected. As such they get a food parcel - bonkers. She's tried to send them back (can't), contact the senders to take her off the list (not working). What's extra wasteful is he (hubby) is a veggie, and the parcels contain Frey Bentos type tins.

They're giving out whatever is perishable to local friends who need it more, and storing tins etc to go back to the food bank once lockdown is over and the risk to her is reduced.
    There are almost certainly local groups who will collect it. Most likely grassroots, little "<your village/postcode> Covid support" on Facebook, or contact your local churches as if they're not doing this they'll know who is - food waste charities, volunteers collecting food for foodbanks, etc. Arranging to leave it on your doorstep for safe collection shouldn't take much effort.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      There are almost certainly local groups who will collect it. Most likely grassroots, little "<your village/postcode> Covid support" on Facebook, or contact your local churches as if they're not doing this they'll know who is - food waste charities, volunteers collecting food for foodbanks, etc. Arranging to leave it on your doorstep for safe collection shouldn't take much effort.
      She would prefer not to have the parcels at all and, like i say, has tried to be taken off the list ... but for now she is passing on to either friends of theirs who are more in need or, if tinned stuff, storing it until they can take to local food bank.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        She would prefer not to have the parcels at all and, like i say, has tried to be taken off the list ... but for now she is passing on to either friends of theirs who are more in need or, if tinned stuff, storing it until they can take to local food bank.
        She should use her right to be forgotten under GDPR.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          She should use her right to be forgotten under GDPR.
          Careful what you wish for - unintended consequences and all that

Comment

Our new neighbour who only moved in a month ago at the beginning of the lockdown has received two emergency food parcels that they don't need so far. He contacted somebody to let them know the previous occupants had moved after the first one but has received another one today. He has passed them on to people down our street known to be vulnerable.

Comment

To get taken off the list you need to re-register again and say you don't need help to get food.

Someone will then call 2-3 days later from an 0300 number to confirm.

You may then get one more food parcel before you are taken of the list.

If you then need help with food again you re-register but it may take 10-14 days before you get a parcel.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                If you then need help with food again you re-register but it may take 10-14 days before you get a parcel.

Are they using punch cards to update database?

Comment

Working...
                X