• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Emergency Food Parcel delivered to the door - ever wonder where you taxes go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emergency Food Parcel delivered to the door - ever wonder where you taxes go?

Just had a food package delivered to the door & driver had left before I had a chance to inspect and thus reject the package
    It's meant for vulnerable people who cannot get to the shops & as the missus is registered due to medical condition she received the package but I already do the shopping

Never have I felt so awkward looking at the contents and the driver should have realised from the house size and premium cars on the drive that this is not a poor household!
    Going onto HMG website to stop any further deliveries and donating the box to the local food bank (minus digestive biscuits and peach slices of course!)
    It must be costing an absolute fortune!

UK can just add it to the debt pile. It's only money and money is easily printed. Our debt is now at £1.8trn

Comment

Probably happens if you tick the wrong box.

Comment

Driver has probably taken a photo of your posh house and fast cars and the bag outside your long drive.

Will hit a million likes on twitter in no time

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

This could be the start of an article in the Daily Mail about how middle class people are now getting food parcels...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
            Just had a food package delivered to the door & driver had left before I had a chance to inspect and thus reject the package
            It's meant for vulnerable people who cannot get to the shops & as the missus is registered due to medical condition she received the package but I already do the shopping

Never have I felt so awkward looking at the contents and the driver should have realised from the house size and premium cars on the drive that this is not a poor household!
            Going onto HMG website to stop any further deliveries and donating the box to the local food bank (minus digestive biscuits and peach slices of course!)
            Don't conflate vulnerable people who cannot get to the shops with poor household.

Comment

Does seem a bit odd they could have given you a special code in your vulnerable letter that the supermarkets could recognise and priority deliver to you.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Does seem a bit odd they could have given you a special code in your vulnerable letter that the supermarkets could recognise and priority deliver to you.
                There are various questions in the online form (I know, because I live with someone in the shielded group). One of those is about access to food. So the form does make various distinctions and I don't think everyone on the list is intended to receive food parcels. Mistakes are perhaps more likely for those whose NHS records led them to being preregistered (perhaps an assumption that access to help with food was always minimal) or perhaps some other admin issue (e.g., my mother received the same letter three times from three different postal addresses). Anyway, I don't think everyone on the list is intended to receive food parcels.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post

Are you more bothered about the fact that they're going to people who don't really need them, or that people might think you're poor?
                  If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
                    Are you more bothered about the fact that they're going to people who don't really need them, or that people might think you're poor?
                    Bearing in mind how stupid they already believe him to be, his financial standing ought to be the least of his problems!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X