• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lockdown project - how many devices do you have at home that can open a web page?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 server
    7 desktops
    7 laptops
    7 phones
    1 TV
    3 gaming systems
    1 Raspberry Pi

So 27.

There's bound to be another few things I've forgotten about and there are at least 3 laptops in the loft.
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

5 laptops
      1 Superpc
      2 ipads
      1 mac mini
      3 iphones
      1 Android phone
      2 TV's
      2 Kindles
      If Alexa counts cause she can read a webpage then 4 more.
      1 xbox, not used anymore but still.

Not counting my two windows phones, too embarrassed.

Last edited by woohoo; 22 April 2020, 11:00.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        He asked at home. I have 5 laptops and one desktop (ignoring about another 5 in the loft ) and two phones.

Other half has two phones, one laptop and one tablet.

Step daughters here have at least one phone, one tablet, one laptop, one Xbox and one Smart TV each.

I also have an Xbox and a Smart TV.

All these can and do connect to Wifi and all are able to open a web page.
        Wifey has a laptop and a phone. So that makes 5 total. The Sky box connects to the internet for downloads and remote recording, but can't open a web page. Both our TVs are non-smart (annoyingly they are both still working after about 15 years, and cost too much to justify replacing them for the sake of being able to play Youtube videos on a big screen).
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          What if you put your SIM card in and powered them up? I've got a Motorola Razr flip phone which I occasionally put a SIM card in to make a phone call (if phone breaks and I'm waiting for a new one). I wonder if the WAP browser would still work.
          I'd have to buy a new sim card (the old larger size) but I suppose one would work. The other has a smashed screen. That makes 6, at a push.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            I'd have to buy a new sim card (the old larger size) but I suppose one would work. The other has a smashed screen. That makes 6, at a push.
            You can just about line up a nano SIM to fit, or make yourself a converter out of cardboard (see YouTube). Won't they connect to WiFi?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              About 25 ish
              24 not yet banned sockie accounts then

Comment

******* loads, don't even know where to start....

2 servers with multiple IP connections
                12 laptops at the last count (some with VMs)
                2 Pi's and another SBC
                4 desktops
                4 tablets
                At least 8 mobile phones although only 4 actually in use
                1 TV
                Guitar amp with WiFi for downloading updates although I do it over Bluetooth
                Possibly some other tulip although I only have 1 IOT device which is the bathroom scales
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  ******* loads, don't even know where to start....
                  Yes you do.

Comment

I do also have a smart washing machine, but I'm not connecting that to the Internet in case there's a plot for a SkyNet washing machine singularity.

Comment

Not certain this list is exhaustive, but from what I can remember:
                      1. Old Toshiba laptop running Windows XP SP2
                      2. MacBook (white)
                      3. Older MacBook Air
                      4. Newer MacBook Air
                      5. iMac
                      6. iPhone 3GS
                      7. iPhone 6
                      8. Whatever the really old phone with Opera Mini is
                      9. iPad 2
                      10. iPad Pro
                      11. Samsung UHD TV
                      12. Old Blu-ray player
                      13. UHD Blu-ray player
                      14. ZX Spectrum Next (might need to write a browser for it, or maybe port curl and just read the source code of websites, but it has a TCP/IP stack)
                      15. An HP Pocket PC thing running Windows Mobile 2003 (IIRC)

So 15. And there’s probably some other things knocking around that I’ve forgotten about.

Comment

Working...
                      X