• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lockdown project - how many devices do you have at home that can open a web page?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    4 Beaglebone Blacks
    17 RPi Zero
    10 RPi Zero(W)
    1 CHiP
    3 Original Pi
    6 Pi 2
    9 Pi 3B
    1 Pi 4B
    6 Omega Onion 2
    3 Linux Laptops
    2 Windows Laptops
    1 Macbook Air
    1 Macbook Pro
    1 PS3
    1 XBox ONE S
    1 PS4
    2 TVs

And that's about it.
    Phones?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Phones?
      Oh balls!

Yep,

1 iPhone 8
      1 iPhone 7

And 2 iPads

1 Amazon Fire
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Two smartphones (one is so ancient I couldn't give it away)

Three desktops (one decommissioned but still works)

One laptop
        No smart TVs or "smart" gadgets that make a dumb telly smart such as FireStick, Apple TV ?

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Oh balls!

Yep,

1 iPhone 8
          1 iPhone 7

And 2 iPads

1 Amazon Fire
          YG1 has just embedded the Pi into one of these: SunFounder PiCar-S Raspberry Pi 4/3/2/B+ Smart Car Kit - RobotShop , so I've lost access to the HDMI port. But she's got her kid's Fire running a virtual desktop so she can still use the Pi, so it still counts. Much better than home schoolwork.

Comment

I've got 9. One desktop, three laptops, mobile phone, a NAS, two raspberry PIs, Wifi router.
            For the rest of the family: 10. Includes, Switch, XBox, Wii, TV, Bluray player.

I've also got two or three "dead" laptops.

Strictly, my ZX81 can also connect. I just need to write the software... And I think my dishwasher may have connectivity.

But otherwise 19 total.

Poll added.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

10 I think. Unsure if my TV has a browser built in to it, but I don't think it does (but I've never used it's "smart" features). 1 iMac, 1 MacBook Pro, 2 iPhones, 3 iPads, 2 Kindles, 1 Mac mini.

If they count, I've also got an Xbox 360 boxed up in the garage and an original iPad in a drawer somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                You can just about line up a nano SIM to fit, or make yourself a converter out of cardboard (see YouTube). Won't they connect to WiFi?
                It's a Nokia 6300, I seriously doubt it has wifi connectivity.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Wot's a "webpage"?

I wonder if the XT would do it.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    No smart TVs or "smart" gadgets that make a dumb telly smart such as FireStick, Apple TV ?
                    Nope. I have a Micro Dell Optiplex in the living room that the TV is plugged into which is one of the three desktops I mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      I've got 9. One desktop, three laptops, mobile phone, a NAS, two raspberry PIs, Wifi router.
                      For the rest of the family: 10. Includes, Switch, XBox, Wii, TV, Bluray player.

I've also got two or three "dead" laptops.

Strictly, my ZX81 can also connect. I just need to write the software... And I think my dishwasher may have connectivity.

But otherwise 19 total.

Poll added.
                      Ah! It twas you wot wrote the poll. That explains the proper boundaries on the groups, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X