• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lockdown project - how many devices do you have at home that can open a web page?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lockdown project - how many devices do you have at home that can open a web page?

If you can power it up, connect it to the Internet (WiFi, cable, mobile data whatever) and open a web page, it counts.
    1-6
    30.77%
    7-12
    15.38%
    13-18
    30.77%
    19-24
    15.38%
    25+
    7.69%
    AndyW's mum has more
    0.00%

About 25 ish

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      About 25 ish
      Are you still fencing stolen goods?

I have 3 (laptop, tablet, phone).
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

No old devices?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            No old devices?
            At least 3 old laptops with bits missing (raided for spares) and a couple of phones without sim cards. Not a chance of any of them opening a web page.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

He asked at home. I have 5 laptops and one desktop (ignoring about another 5 in the loft ) and two phones.

Other half has two phones, one laptop and one tablet.

Step daughters here have at least one phone, one tablet, one laptop, one Xbox and one Smart TV each.

I also have an Xbox and a Smart TV.

All these can and do connect to Wifi and all are able to open a web page.

Comment

At least 3 old laptops with bits missing (raided for spares) and a couple of phones without sim cards. Not a chance of any of them opening a web page.
                What if you put your SIM card in and powered them up? I've got a Motorola Razr flip phone which I occasionally put a SIM card in to make a phone call (if phone breaks and I'm waiting for a new one). I wonder if the WAP browser would still work.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  He asked at home. I have 5 laptops and one desktop (ignoring about another 5 in the loft ) and two phones.

Other half has two phones, one laptop and one tablet.

Step daughters here have at least one phone, one tablet, one laptop, one Xbox and one Smart TV each.

I also have an Xbox and a Smart TV.

All these can and do connect to Wifi and all are able to open a web page.
                  What about the ones in the loft? Could you open a web page with any of them?

Comment

Two smartphones (one is so ancient I couldn't give it away)

Three desktops (one decommissioned but still works)

One laptop

Comment

Working...
                    X