• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shocking, totally unexpected surprise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d be ok if all who lied on camera (or papers) get fired.

That would be all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      I see the usual suspects are whining again, without any knowledg of the reality.
      I have knowledge of the reality. More than you do. It stinks.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

The PPE failure is one of NHS procurement's shortcomings (there are many), not HMG.

And lack of troops/resources would be the shortcoming of the Army rather than HMG.

It's a bit early but my vote goes for malvolio to be CUK Village Idiot of the Year 2020, potentially shared with a few other "usual suspects".
        Last edited by AtW; 22 April 2020, 14:14.

Comment

To paraphrase slightly - "There will be 20,000 dead or, if we do nothing, 50,000 at least since the NHS will be overwhelmed". There are roughly 2000 empty ICU spaces right now, so clearly the NHS, while ridiculously overworked, is not overwhelmed.

So if someone is a liar, he's really not very good at it.

Seriously, get a life. The time to criticise is when we are the far end, not somewhere in the middle.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

To paraphrase slightly - "There will be 20,000 dead or, if we do nothing, 50,000 at least since the NHS will be overwhelmed". There are roughly 2000 empty ICU spaces right now, so clearly the NHS, while ridiculously overworked, is not overwhelmed.
            That because (in case you did not notice) pretty much whole economy is shut down.

Mods - did somebody hack malvolios account or he had always been that dumb?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              I'm an ex-Tory voter who used to think that left-wingers were stupid.
              They were ideological rather than pragmatic, I thought
              Left wingers are still ideological, but now right-wingers give them a run for their money in blind ideological stupidity.
              A sinking education system capsizes all boats, it seems.
              It's been going wrong for decades. League tables based on GCSE results meant that schools were virtually compelled to teach pupils how to pass exams rather than teach the actual subject itself. We went from a system of pupils learning how to learn to pupils learning how to do past papers so that they could reapply that to this year's exams. There are also too many pupils pushed into degrees; they don't differentiate any more and are simply a route to debt, both for the pupil and the successive governments who end up footing the bill for the money and administering the loan scheme.

We need to facilitate the elite in all parts of society to be the best they can - become our new Brunels, Whittles and Turings wherever they come from. The current education system doesn't allow for that and nor does society as a whole.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I see the usual suspects are whining again, without any knowledg of the reality.

Still, mustn't complain , Suppose it keeps them off the streets... Oh, hang on....

FTAOD, for those who CBA to follow such thing the inquiry demand was from the Lib Dems during today's PMQs. That's not scrutiny, that's point scoring and utterly meaningless.

The PPE failure is one of NHS procurement's shortcomings (there are many), not HMG. Plus every country in the world is after the same supply.
                It is scrutiny, but scrutiny that you have characterised as point scoring and utterly meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  A bit harsh to call Raab that, but fair.

More dead now from Covid than Iraq war, damage in the hundreds of billions at least - a full public inquiry is necessary, obviously.
                  But maybe not when everyone's a bit busy.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    But maybe not when everyone's a bit busy.
                    Nobody said it should happen right now, it obviously can't happen right now, but his refusal to commit is basically admission of guilt, as simple as that.

There will still be public inquiry - just under Labour Govt, likely next year if not earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      That because (in case you did not notice) pretty much whole economy is shut down.

Mods - did somebody hack malvolios account or he had always been that dumb?
                      Apart from the obvious (and idiotic) question what does the economy collapsing have to do with infection rates and/or the additional loading on the NHS?

No, don't bother, I'm not really interested.
                      There will still be public inquiry - just under Labour Govt, likely next year if not earlier.

There really is no limit to your delusions, is there.
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X