• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shocking, totally unexpected surprise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocking, totally unexpected surprise

“ Government will not commit to a public inquiry on coronavirus response

Dominic Raab has said that he would not commit to holding a public inquiry into the government's handling of the coronavirus epidemic.

"I have to say I won't take up his offer of committing to a public inquiry. I think that there are definitely lessons to be learned and when we get through this crisis it will be important that we take stock," Raab told parliament.”

Coronavirus latest news: Order from Turkey finally arrives on RAF flight - but will only last a day

I can not believe it.

I can. He was responding to the temporary leader of a largely pointless political party.

Why waste several millions and two years running a politically motivated enquiry that will do absolutely nothing to improve the situation, now or in the future?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      I can. He was responding to the temporary leader of a largely pointless political party.

Why waste several millions and two years running a politically motivated enquiry that will do absolutely nothing to improve the situation, now or in the future?
      You're not much of a one for democratic accountability.

Comment

Quite right. Mustn't grumble.
        The government was late to shut down, did not plan for enough PPE or medical equipment, did not plan or execute enough testing.
        Compared to many other countries the response and organisation has been 3rd rate.
        But never mind, mustn't grumble.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Who? Nigel Farage?

Even Labour agree but a reckoning will come at some point...

Keir has said that he believes serious mistakes have been made in the government’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic and ministers do need to be held accountable for those mistakes. The priority now has got to be on how the government fixes the current mistakes it is making.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Quite right. Mustn't grumble.
            The government was late to shut down, did not plan for enough PPE or medical equipment, did not plan or execute enough testing.
            Compared to many other countries the response and organisation has been 3rd rate.
            But never mind, mustn't grumble.
            Mal would back the Tories if he was dying of Covid-19 after shaking hand with the PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Mal would back the Tories if he was dying of Covid-19 after shaking hand with the PM.
              I'm an ex-Tory voter who used to think that left-wingers were stupid.
              They were ideological rather than pragmatic, I thought
              Left wingers are still ideological, but now right-wingers give them a run for their money in blind ideological stupidity.
              A sinking education system capsizes all boats, it seems.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

A bit harsh to call Raab that, but fair.

More dead now from Covid than Iraq war, damage in the hundreds of billions at least - a full public inquiry is necessary, obviously.

Comment

Doesn't need millions of pounds of taxpayer money wasting. Dealing with it after is easy. You make a scapegoat of the chunt who lied on camera.

"It's very simple. He lied to us all. He's been dismissed."

Move on.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I see the usual suspects are whining again, without any knowledg of the reality.

Still, mustn't complain , Suppose it keeps them off the streets... Oh, hang on....

FTAOD, for those who CBA to follow such thing the inquiry demand was from the Lib Dems during today's PMQs. That's not scrutiny, that's point scoring and utterly meaningless.

The PPE failure is one of NHS procurement's shortcomings (there are many), not HMG. Plus every country in the world is after the same supply.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X