• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK official COVID death figure is hugely underestimated ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK official COVID death figure is hugely underestimated ...

... according to this research that brings in ONS figures:

UK coronavirus deaths more than double official figure according to FT study | Free to read | Financial Times

Shocking how many are dying in care homes and at home.
    Those dying at home is particularly concerning - the 111 advice, which I've experienced, is almost designed to make you wait till its too late

But hey, never mind, musn't grumble.
    Last edited by sasguru; 22 April 2020, 15:48.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Tories lie 97.2% of the time about government statistics.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I think from an economic point of view, letting the people in care homes get decimated makes a lot of sense and helps keep our official death rate in Hospitals look almost reasonable compared to the rest of the world. The politicians have already had a lucky win with the disease not calling for extended periods in ICU as people tend to either get better or die quite quickly.

Comment

^^^ Good to see that someone's been drinking the Ugly Mother****er Cummings' kool-aid.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Yeah, like nobody will ever find out about care homes death.

This tulip works in countries that can easily fake stats - China, North Korea, Russia.

Also if virus was not minigated then there would be bodies everywhere: 1 mln+ easily.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
            I think from an economic point of view, letting the people in care homes get decimated makes a lot of sense and helps keep our official death rate in Hospitals look almost reasonable compared to the rest of the world. The politicians have already had a lucky win with the disease not calling for extended periods in ICU as people tend to either get better or die quite quickly.
            I hope you do a Boris Johnson.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X