• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Middle man

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Middle man

“ But in an interview with the Financial Times, Mr O’Leary said its plans would be thwarted if there were “some entirely ineffective social distancing measures like having middle seats empty because if middle seats are empty we’re not returning to flying at all”.

He said Ryanair had already advised the Irish government that if it planned to impose such a rule then “either the government pays for the middle seat or we won’t fly”.

“We can’t make money on 66 per cent load factors. Even if you do that, the middle seat doesn’t deliver any social distancing, so it’s kind of an idiotic idea that doesn’t achieve anything anyway,” he said. ”

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

What a guy!

Trouble is that he's right about the economics (I'm agreeing with O'Leery? ).

I'm surprised that he hasn't proposed flying with the windows open.

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
      Trouble is that he's right about the economics (I'm agreeing with O'Leery? ).

I'm surprised that he hasn't proposed flying with the windows open.
      It would increase drag unfortunately. A bit like AtW's posts on this forum.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

You should ask O'Leary why he's stealing peoples money and breaking the law by providing worthless vouchers instead of refunds for cancelled flights I'm not affected by Ryanair but am by the same attitude with Holiday Extras so my claim is now the subject of a CC section 75. A lot of firms are loosing all their goodwill with their attitude if they ever had any to begin with

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          “ But in an interview with the Financial Times, Mr O’Leary said its plans would be thwarted if there were “some entirely ineffective social distancing measures like having middle seats empty because if middle seats are empty we’re not returning to flying at all”.

He said Ryanair had already advised the Irish government that if it planned to impose such a rule then “either the government pays for the middle seat or we won’t fly”.

“We can’t make money on 66 per cent load factors. Even if you do that, the middle seat doesn’t deliver any social distancing, so it’s kind of an idiotic idea that doesn’t achieve anything anyway,” he said. ”

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

What a guy!

Social distancing seating restrictions on planes are completely futile, even if there are only two passengers sitting at opposite ends of the plane, because the crap air conditioning circulates every lurgy going completely round and round the plane!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

N99 masks kept on during flight would have made sense, but they cost more than Ryanair ticket...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              N99 masks kept on during flight would have made sense, but they cost more than Ryanair ticket...
              And they'd count as your one item of cabin baggage.

Comment

Working...
              X