• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DimPrawn's trading thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update - Trump has agreed to sign some more money printing, so closed S&P 500 trade at small loss (about £10).

WTI short trade still open at present.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Update - Trump has agreed to sign some more money printing, so closed S&P 500 trade at small loss (about £10).

This was expected and hence not a surprise.

Market will tread downwards now.

Comment

Oil trade is not going as planned, it either moves lower soon or is closed at a loss of £400.

I will not hold the trades open over the weekend and risk gaps.
        You bought into something with:

a) no demand

b) suppliers can't give it away

Smooth move exlax
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'm not Scooty. I say what I'm trading and the moment I enter or leave the trade. That's all you are getting I'm afraid.
          So it din't happen.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

This thread is about simple truths and real spendable profits.

If you want idiotic charts and failed trades, please go elsewhere for your kicks.

Oil trade is not going as planned, it either moves lower soon or is closed at a loss of £400.

I will not hold the trades open over the weekend and risk gaps.

Comment

Update. Oil trade left open over the weekend. Huge positive swap paid to me (3x swap rate on Friday for CFD) for holding the short open (contango means short positions positive swap) which reduces the open loss to £170 at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                You bought into something with:

a) no demand

b) suppliers can't give it away

Smooth move exlax
                I bought a short position. I know you fail to grasp what a short position is, but it is the opposite of buying it.

So your comment about demand collapse, suppliers are paying to give it away, is 100% correct and by selling something I don't own (I know that will confuse you even more) I profit from this situation if it plays out.

I also get paid just to hold the short trade open (positive swap). Something else that will also confuse you I'm sure.

Comment

I bought a few BRK.B shares on 27th March (currently up 0.5%), but otherwise no sales, no buying. My portfolio is where is was at around October last year.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I bought a short position. I know you fail to grasp what a short position is, but it is the opposite of buying it.

So your comment about demand collapse, suppliers are paying to give it away, is 100% correct and by selling something I don't own (I know that will confuse you even more) I profit from this situation if it plays out.

I also get paid just to hold the short trade open (positive swap). Something else that will also confuse you I'm sure.
                    You know the saying: don't try to educate the stupid - they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

You're arguing with someone who thought that selling high and buying low was "shorting"

Comment

You keep shorts open over weekends?

Comment

Working...
                      X