• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DimPrawn's trading thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You keep shorts open over weekends?
    Yes, for easy access

Comment

As the market is very volatile at the moment, I'm looking into a basket of trades to take advantage of Shannon's Demon for volatility harvesting.

Access to this page has been denied.

Comment

WTI short trade closed for small profit (£25)

Comment

Another S&P 500 short trade opened.

I'm still a believer we are at the top of a dead cat bounce, at some stage a large and sharp move down will occur.

Comment

I'm long on:

Verizon
            Dt Telekom
            BASF
            Siemens
            Allianz

up today and in profit

I'll double the investment if they're down in 3-6 months time and the virus has been beaten.
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 27 April 2020, 07:14.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Another S&P 500 short trade opened.

I'm still a believer we are at the top of a dead cat bounce, at some stage a large and sharp move down will occur.
              But the moment a lockdown release announcement is made, won't there be a live cat with electrocuted balls bounce back upwards?
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                But the moment a lockdown release announcement is made, won't there be a live cat with electrocuted balls bounce back upwards?
                There is no lockdown release announcement IMO. Instead, restrictions will be relaxed and tightened as infection rates change, until a vaccine is ready for mass distribution. And if that doesn't happen in the next two years, a Plan B is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  indeed

This is precisely why now is the time to go long

Keep an eye on China, that's where we're heading; virtually no new cases.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Also, there is a difference between investment and trading.

Trading in my case is usually a few hours of holding. Investment will be weeks, months or years.

I think there's a higher probability of more bad news short term than good news. Long term we pray good news outnumbers bad news...

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      indeed

This is precisely why now is the time to go long

Keep an eye on China, that's where we're heading; virtually no new cases.
                      Yes and we can all completely believe what China tells us.

Comment

Working...
                      X