• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which one of you don't have balls?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which one of you don't have balls?

Snowflake contractor offended at the term 'You don't have balls'... Honestly. You can't make this crap up.

Employment tribunal dismisses tech executive's sexism claims after boss said she 'has balls' | Daily Mail Online

Miss Power told the hearing that the words were 'highly offensive' and felt intimidated by Mr Danhieux's language - claiming that he would not have used the same words to a man.

'He refers to me having 'got balls as a contractor' which is highly offensive to me as a woman. To do it in a business context, even if only in an online context, is even more demeaning,' she said.
    Sorry if I offend any of you women but what a load of bollocks this is. Wouldn't have said it to a man? Jesus.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 23 April 2020, 16:36.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

I'm always torn by these things.

I wonder if it's more about the reference to genitalia in a business setting rather the specific of them being male genitalia?

Personally, I'd rely with, "you're right I don't have the balls but that's because I'm not a cock"

Comment

...but he said, "You have got balls [to do that] as a contractor."
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

If a tree falls on your balls in a forest and no one is around, do you still make a sound?

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
          ...but he said, "You have got balls [to do that] as a contractor."
          True. I glanced at it and misread. Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Snowflake contractor offended at the term 'You don't have balls'... Honestly. You can't make this crap up.

Employment tribunal dismisses tech executive's sexism claims after boss said she 'has balls' | Daily Mail Online

Sorry if I offend any of you women but what a load of bollocks this is. Wouldn't have said it to a man? Jesus.
            Are you OK, hun? You seem really offended by this.

Comment

How did it even get that far over one comment? And how did it end up at an employment tribunal if she's a contractor?
              Honestly, women like that really get my goat. She's clearly not the shy retiring type & wants equality with the men but as soon as she's treated the same as a man she plays the weaker sex card. Pathetic.
              If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

If she's upset because she was referred to as having male genitalia, she needs to think how I feel when I'm frequently called a C * nt

And how does SAS feel when he's called a p*ssy ?
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Looks to me like whatever the rights and wrongs of the spat, she made a deliberate and cynical effort to use that as a way to punish him.

I don't believe for a single second she took honest offence at the phrase itself or saw it as remotely sexist or sexual.

Good effort though, takes balls to try that! L

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Are you OK, hun? You seem really offended by this.
                    I'm absolutely apoplectic...
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X