• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid-19 and Carbon Monoxide

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a fact that anyone who has exposed themselves to high levels of carbon monoxide has never died from covid-19.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      How does the CO interact with your iron lung proposal?
      The lung has a reservoir of CO that it slowly infuses into the patient's chest, of course.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

It's a fact that anyone who has exposed themselves to high levels of carbon monoxide has never died from covid-19.
        The usual suspects can scoff, but I haven't claimed to understand and therefore explain the proposed effect (if any) in detail, and I doubt if even a genuine virologist could with certainty given the current state of knowledge.

But I guess most people's thoughts run along tram lines and it is well nigh impossible for them to impartially examine and perhaps reconsider their preconceptions.

'Twas ever thus, and more often than not it is those like Sas who fancy themselves smart experts who are the most set in their ways and resistant to new ideas.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          The usual suspects can scoff, but I haven't claimed to understand and therefore explain the proposed effect (if any) in detail, and I doubt if even a genuine virologist could with certainty given the current state of knowledge.

But I guess most people's thoughts run along tram lines and it is well nigh impossible for them to impartially examine and perhaps reconsider their preconceptions.

'Twas ever thus, and more often than not it is those like Sas who fancy themselves smart experts who are the most set in their ways and resistant to new ideas.
          The Dunning Kruger effect in action! Well done.

Comment

2020-05-11 Researchers uncover MORE evidence that smokers may be protected from the deadly coronavirus as Italian study finds a 'very low' number of infected patients were hooked on cigarettes

I await with interest the results of research into the beneficial effects of nicotine gum or vapes. If there is none, then that rules out nicotine. ..
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Apropos nothing much - have you ever considered running for POTUS?

Comment

2020-05-11 Researchers uncover MORE evidence that smokers may be protected from the deadly coronavirus as Italian study finds a 'very low' number of infected patients were hooked on cigarettes

I await with interest the results of research into the beneficial effects of nicotine gum or vapes. If there is none, then that rules out nicotine. ..
                Difficult for a virus to attach itself to the surface of the lung when it's covered in a coating of tar. A bit similar to the birds found in oil slicks not having any ticks or lice.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Difficult for a virus to attach itself to the surface of the lung when it's covered in a coating of tar. A bit similar to the birds found in oil slicks not having any ticks or lice.
                  I believe the correct term is females or Women (not birds)

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I was thinking
                    You should have stopped there

Comment

the Russkies appear to have a lower death rate from Covid
                      They drink lots of vodka. So lots of smoking and drinking is the way to fight the virus- excellent!
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X