• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WHO says recovery from Covid may not prevent reinfection

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    My condolences. My father is in a high risk group due to the Crohn's medication that he's on. Had a chat with him from the end of the drive but it's not the same as sitting down and enjoying a chat over a coffee or a couple of beers.

We've lost a family member and a couple of friends too. It's certainly nothing like the flu; while it may hasten the end for those who were probably on their way out anyway (for example Eddie Large), as you say, it's ability to debilitate let alone kill seemingly healthy folk is scary.
    Sorry to hear that. The one positive is that the death is, I'm told, painless; much like fading away slowly - no horrendous pains, which is at least some comfort for those near the end.

The one person I know who has died is an ex-finance endurance athlete with on health issues. For the community to have witnessed that made us realise that there nobody is sure to be safe.

Comment

Working...
    X