• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WHO says recovery from Covid may not prevent reinfection

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHO says recovery from Covid may not prevent reinfection

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ction-who-says

I'm going back to work on Monday after > 1 month off. Luckily remote.
    The only other person I know who had it (and confirmed with a test as they are in Germany) is still not compos mentis after 6 weeks.
    Anyone who thinks this is a "flu" is an arse.

I have sickness protection insurance and I wonder if they're going to pay up.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I've edited the thread title to reflect the actual message. But bear in mind there's no evidence that people who have had have it aren't immune. It would be quite unusual for infection not to confer immunity, so I for one am not panicking. Mind you, if it doesn't confer immunity, panicking wouldn't help anyway.

I know two people who've been confirmed as having it. Both in their 60s, both absolutely fine now.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      That's an interesting one. In theory, if you took out the policy yonks ago then they should. I'd see it a bit like travel insurance where the timing of when you booked and when you took out insurance being key to whether you'd get a pay out.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        That's an interesting one. In theory, if you took out the policy yonks ago then they should. I'd see it a bit like travel insurance where the timing of when you booked and when you took out insurance being key to whether you'd get a pay out.
        Yeah but I don't have any proof that I had it.
        My symptoms were at the mild end of the scale, albeit the fatigue and aches and pains were more long lasting
        Obviously the advice is don't go to a medical centre which I followed.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I've edited the thread title to reflect the actual message. But bear in mind there's no evidence that people who have had have it aren't immune. It would be quite unusual for infection not to confer immunity, so I for one am not panicking. Mind you, if it doesn't confer immunity, panicking wouldn't help anyway.

I know two people who've been confirmed as having it. Both in their 60s, both absolutely fine now.
          Not panicking but I don't want to go through this again.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

It's ok. It's guaranteed that if you get it a second time, you don't get it a third.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You wait like 100 years for a global pandemic, and when it finally arrives, it can't even do one thing properly.

Comment

Relax - it’s not what you want matters, it’s what the virus wants.

HTH

Comment

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ction-who-says

I'm going back to work on Monday after > 1 month off. Luckily remote.
                  The only other person I know who had it (and confirmed with a test as they are in Germany) is still not compos mentis after 6 weeks.
                  Anyone who thinks this is a "flu" is an arse.

This shows the futility of allowing people without a maths based degree to "do" some kind of night school conversion course for "muh data qualifications".

"My gran smoked 80 a day" takes rehashed.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    This shows the futility of allowing people without a maths based degree to "do" some kind of night school conversion course for "muh data qualifications".

"My gran smoked 80 a day" takes rehashed.
                    Oh dear, Minnie!

Do you not understand the difference between a deterministic and a probabilistic theory?

I think this shows the futility of allowing people who are generally thick to do any sort of poly degree.

Thanks for the laugh, though. Keep drinking and destroying what few brain cells you had in the 1st place.

Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X