• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finally a solution - ‘Covid-secure’ offices to get Britain back to work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I use a variation on that theme as my custom background for Teams meetings at work.

Although last week it was the Titantic.
    I was using this and then changed it to a pub setting, been trying to get a lap dancing club video to work:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      I was using this and then changed it to a pub setting, been trying to get a lap dancing club video to work:

I had a very fine bar photo. I think it was from the Mandrake Hotel in London.

I haven't tried gifs. That will be dangerous...

Comment

How will office blocks work above ground floor where neither the elevators or stairs allow social distancing and have obvious hotspots where people will be pushing buttons or opening doors?

One solution is to wear biohazard suits in public areas. Any in stock on Amazon yet?
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Remain two metres apart and close “communal spaces” ?

How does that work with toilets? Guess people will have to go back to dark ages and crap out the window.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            How will office blocks work above ground floor where neither the elevators or stairs allow social distancing and have obvious hotspots where people will be pushing buttons or opening doors?

One solution is to wear biohazard suits in public areas. Any in stock on Amazon yet?
            NBC CBRN NATO Mk4 Suit British Army Surplus Nuclear Biological Chemical Warfare Suits Olive Green vacuum packed: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

Comment

"Frequently bought with gloves" but what about the full face gas mask of suitable quality?
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

"Frequently bought with gloves" but what about the full face gas mask of suitable quality?
                OHMOTOR Full Face Respirator Double Air Filter Cartridge Industrial Grade Respirator Mask for Organic Vapor Dust Paint: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Comment

Depends on the size of the office i'd imagine, small start up/ agencies could probably get away with it but those offices in large buildings will most definitely need some sort of rota in place to limit the amount of people in the office.

Comment

Germany might, possibly, have it sorted:

Germany’s labour minister Hubertus Heil is working on legislation that would give employees the right to work from home, even after the current crisis when social distancing will be no longer needed.

“Everyone who wants to and whose workplace allows it should be able to work in a home office, even when the coronavirus pandemic is over,” Heil told the Bild am Sonntag newspaper.

About 25% of Germans are now estimated to be working from home, up from about 12% normally.

Heil said he would table legislation later in the year to enshrine the right to work from home in law, even full-time if that is what employees want.

Finance minister Olaf Scholz, like Heil a Social Democrat, expressed approval for the idea.

“The past weeks have shown how much is possible in the home office, this is a real achievement that we should not just abandon,” he told the paper.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      Germany might, possibly, have it sorted:
                      I think the key point there, shame this isn't in the WFH thread, is "if the employee wants to". There is a real risk that companies could force people to WFH even if it's not suitable for the worker.

Comment

Working...
                      X