• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FFS how hard is it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFS how hard is it

“ But the government website closed to new applicants within hours of the Friday launch, after 46,000 people tried to access it.

Home testing kits became unavailable less than 15 minutes after bookings reopened on Saturday morning.
    Some 16,000 bookings were made.

Tests at drive-through sites in England were booked up within an hour on Saturday morning, with spaces not becoming available again until the evening.”

Coronavirus test online slots booked up within hour of site reopening - BBC News

FFS how fking hard is it to create a queue and allocate spaces wirh notification emailed/SMSed to people who can also be validated?

The official explanation is that all the slots are booked, so site re-opens when more slots are entered into the system.

Also only those people who have symptoms (or live with people who have) are supposed to be booking up a test, they don't want people who are apparently well to be taking a test.

Finally, there is no "proof" of key worker being asked for so it seems anyone can book a slot.
    Last edited by MPwannadecentincome; 26 April 2020, 18:36.
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Self-employed that have 'fallen through the cracks' of government assistance are booking tests in case they are asymptomatic so they can at least get statutory sick pay.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

FFS how hard is it?

in your case, not very, i suspect

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          Back to stalking again? Lovely.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Back to stalking again? Lovely.
            i only said it'd be easy for him.
            what's wrong with that?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              FFS how fking hard is it to create a queue and allocate spaces wirh notification emailed/SMSed to people who can also be validated?
              Says the man that spent 6 years linking a web spider to a database.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

maybe Nuttina wore the suspenders?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                X