• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's like there's a tsunami of cretins on CUK ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's like there's a tsunami of cretins on CUK ...

Hopefully they'll be culled in the 2nd wave in autumn and winter.
    That's going to be bad.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

What I've noticed is there's a tendency to blame the messenger rather than engage with the message.
    Because the message, I suspect, is too painful when you've been the cause of it.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

That's going to be bad.
      You lost. Get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        You lost. Get over it.
        Luckily Eurostar has been working throughout this albeit with reduced service, no food and bev etc.
        So back tomorrow, having sorted the Pater stuff out.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

So back tomorrow, having sorted the Pater stuff out.
          Does "Pater stuff" refer to probate, meaning Pater has popped orf?

If it was Corona, I'm surprised you take it so lightly (culling cretins and so on). Actually, maybe I'm not surprised
          Last edited by OwlHoot; 26 April 2020, 18:26.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

:Hopefully they'll be culled in the 2nd wave in autumn and winter.
            That's going to be bad.

I know I'm likely already on the cretin list but I've got to know ...

Why is a second wave in autumn likely if the measures mean there is no virus circulating, like some countries are saying (yes, China ), so if not 'out there' to catch then can't be caught?

Will it be hiding in other species or hibernating for summer?

Seems the only way the virus can live is by finding new hosts, so as long as countries not declared virus free have international travel curtailed or quaranteened then in theory it seems possible the virus will just disappear like the original SARS virus.

What are the facts about this? Any non-cretins know?
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

maybe its like the "arsehole test"?

If you go out during the day and meet one cretin then hey you got unlucky. If all the people you meet are cretins then you need to look in the mirror?

seems a reasonable explanation.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  maybe its like the "arsehole test"?

If you go out during the day and meet one cretin then hey you got unlucky. If all the people you meet are cretins then you need to look in the mirror?

seems a reasonable explanation.
                  Put him on your 'ignore' list, you'll feel much better. I think he's probably got Aspergers or something similar. It would explain the desperate need to reinforce his perceived superiority. I'm guessing he got badly bullied at school, and feels awkward in social situations. I'm doing my bit, and leaving him alone.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

That's going to be bad.
                    You still desperate for attention mate?
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X