• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which trading platform?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
    Trading account or S&S ISA: Halifax iWeb. Ideal for infrequent share/ETF purchases with low charges. Sit and forget about them.

My personal view is that we are currently seeing the calm before the storm. We're about to witness a change of world economy that will pivot away from China as a major supplier and developer, across multiple sectors. Pensions will be demolished and old boring folk won't be paying £8k for a nice cruise, that's for sure. I wouldn't touch Carnival shares with yours, but feel free to gamble if that's your desire
    I'm not convinced about the pivot away from China, the company I work for is increasing its business with China because the rest of the world is in lock down. Over the next year or two it will be all about survival, there will be no money to build factories for new supply chains, and companies will buy from the cheapest supplier. However I agree that it will be discussed extensively on chat shows, radio shows and in the newspapers.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      I'm not convinced about the pivot away from China, the company I work for is increasing its business with China because the rest of the world is in lock down. Over the next year or two it will be all about survival, there will be no money to build factories for new supply chains, and companies will buy from the cheapest supplier. However I agree that it will be discussed extensively on chat shows, radio shows and in the newspapers.
      A company I'm doing work for is also seeing China as a huge growth area. Nothing to do with manufacturing, more on the pharmaceutical side.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        A company I'm doing work for is also seeing China as a huge growth area. Nothing to do with manufacturing, more on the pharmaceutical side.
        In the end reality prevails. Still and this is the important point, the discussion about it makes for good ratings and helps to sell newspapers.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          In the end reality prevails. Still and this is the important point, the discussion about it makes for good ratings and helps to sell newspapers.
          I suspect we'll see raised barriers from the US, of which the UK follow suit. It does make more sense to concentrate on India and Brazil than China, given the authoritarian and oppressive tendencies of the latter. I don't like the altright wing narrative in general but unfortunately they've latched on to the hypocrisy that is a fair point: we've allowed a communist-authoritarian-dictatorship hybrid to flourish to such an extent whilst ignoring morals, when other countries not far away (India, for example) are there and offer just as much opportunity as China.

Comment

Working...
          X