• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone considering bouncing back ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    If you haven't completed your first year you're allowed to use estimated turnover. No guidance on how to calculate but I'm sure most would just take ytd turnover / ytd days * days in year but that might be disingenuous if you've been in contract for your entire YTD but I'm sure you could justify it to HMRC if required especially with lack of guidance.
    They will do a basic check on your account to confirm income - job done

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Can I apply for one? Since CV19 I am getting too much business that I have to turn it down or do a lower quality job, adversely affecting my business' reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
        If you;re not a contractor why are you on here.
        I like to know which £70K german wonderwagon you contractors are buying next with all the tax money you save.

Comment

You got a live one dim. Reel him in...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I like to know which £70K german wonderwagon you contractors are buying next with all the tax money you save.

Talking of which, I saw a UK registered monstrosity driving past today - PR11AWN, royal blue Range Rover (true story: https://cartaxcheck.co.uk/free-car-check/?vrm=PR11AWN ). It struck me as exactly the sort of tat you would buy if you could afford to.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Talking of which, I saw a UK registered monstrosity driving past today - PR11AWN, royal blue Range Rover (true story: https://cartaxcheck.co.uk/free-car-check/?vrm=PR11AWN ). It struck me as exactly the sort of tat you would buy if you could afford to.
              Landwind X7 - Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by Ploptimus View Post
                Can I apply for one? Since CV19 I am getting too much business that I have to turn it down or do a lower quality job, adversely affecting my business' reputation.
                That's the key phrase there...

Comment

WifeCo has only been trading since March. But I've seen how to provide projections from Dragons' Den....

Q: How long have you been trading?
                  A: 7 years
                  Q: how many have you sold?
                  A: 104
                  Q: How many will you sell this year?
                  A: half a million
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...