• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When lockdown is lifted is anyone planning to return to the office?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
    Take the contract. If and if it gets lifted at some point with no vaccine and they ask you to come into office charge 3.5x rate as hazard pay. They can't force you. I'm working for a client and they would want me In the office but the project manager admitted if we want to stay from home that is up to us and within our rights unless everything is back to normal but normal won't be for at least another 15-18 months min which is when a vaccine is out and about.
    No they can't force you, but they can can you and get someone else in
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      No they can't force you, but they can can you and get someone else in
      The Health and Safety Executive really should step in with clear rules and enforcement for what constitutes a safe workplace within the context of Covid 19.

Comment

I'm in a higher risk group - I'd go in if I absolutely had to but quite happy being locked down to be honest. I was normally only doing two days in the office anyway. If I did have to go in it's a two hour commute using public transport so I'd probably drive in on the days I was needed.

My contract is up end of July anyway.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I was in the office last week to do my handover and hand back the laptop. The rules there were only 2 people allowed in an office and must be a minimum of 2m apart. There was no cafeteria although some cold snacks were available and all tea and coffee machines were out of bounds.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I know that I will be fobbing off anyone that does not mention the remote part.
            I am not comfortable to leave it open ended, just for the sake of having people under sight and micro managing.

I am 30 with no known conditions, never been to a hospital actually. But will never risk it for money.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              So many issues with that...
              1. Too few hulls, so you can't get in to the shallow bays, you don't go as fast, and your rum slides off the table when you unfurl the spinnaker.
              2. No barbecue, no rear shower (or if there is, it's too close to the wheel)
              3. Cabin windows look frosted
              4. No fenders
              5. Far too heavily photoshopped.
              The CNB 66 has had my eye for sometime now. If I were planing on staying out on the water for lengthy periods of time, I might consider a multihull but I prefer feeling the control of a mono hull.

CNB 66 : Luxury sailing yacht | CNB yacht builders
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                I was in the office last week to do my handover and hand back the laptop. The rules there were only 2 people allowed in an office and must be a minimum of 2m apart. There was no cafeteria although some cold snacks were available and all tea and coffee machines were out of bounds.
                In my experience of office vending machines, this can only be a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  The Health and Safety Executive really should step in with clear rules and enforcement for what constitutes a safe workplace within the context of Covid 19.
                  The OP was after the lockdown, not sure why HSE would want to get involved
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    The OP was after the lockdown, not sure why HSE would want to get involved
                    IMO the lockdown is not going to suddenly 'end' and then workplaces will be 'safe'. The HSE should be responsible for setting and enforcing rules.

Comment

The question is more whether restrictions will last so long that companies have gotten used to people WFH and don't see the need to try and get everyone back in the office.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X