• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When lockdown is lifted is anyone planning to return to the office?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    So many issues with that...
    1. Too few hulls, so you can't get in to the shallow bays, you don't go as fast, and your rum slides off the table when you unfurl the spinnaker.
    2. No barbecue, no rear shower (or if there is, it's too close to the wheel)
    3. Cabin windows look frosted
    4. No fenders
    5. Far too heavily photoshopped.

I was just going to say the bikini suited him!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
      Anyone still in doubt that the recent PM message is a premature push to get people back to work?
      Although message is vague it is still clear enough that those who cannot work from home should go back to work.
      Should this entitle any corporate stooge that manages people to claim "this is not a remote role" and invite everyone on site despite the fact that the role could be arguably done either way?
      I would guess so...

Same old same old.

Enjoy!
      I don't think it's premature. You can only afford to pay a quarter of the UK salaries for so long. Have to get more of the workforce back to work and need to get the economy restarted a bit, at least as much as possible.

I can't see how anyone could interpret this to mean office workers should be going back. You can't really argue that someone that is currently working from home meets the standard of "those who cannot work from home" since they are already working from home. An employer or client can't use this current advice as justification for bringing someone remote back on site.

Some of the office workers that are furloughed might have to go back to their offices of course thats a different situation but one that doesn't impact us contractors. As far as implications for contract roles, you choose how you want your business to be run. You don't have to provide on-site services and the client doesn't have to purchase services from you. Both of you have free will to operate how you want.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        The risk of being an asymptomatic carrier. It's not all about you you know.
        You are a carrier of stupidity. But not asymptomatic.

Comment

Be nice to go back 1 or 2 days a week.....

I fear it won't happen. Client is public sector and massively scared of everything. And they've been on about selling or renting out part of the building (which is in prime location) for years.....
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Be nice to go back 1 or 2 days a week.....

I fear it won't happen. Client is public sector and massively scared of everything. And they've been on about selling or renting out part of the building (which is in prime location) for years.....
            That's what they tell you. They've all been back in the office for months.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              As long as they're still paying me then!
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                with the odd exception I think most of the people would be back onsite when this is gone.
                workforce is about many things and I don't think that the establishment considers wfh an acceptable, manageable solution.

they've probably played along to keep a positive hype but it won't be long lived.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                  I think most of the people would be back onsite when this is gone.
                  workforce is about many things and I don't think that the establishment considers wfh an acceptable, manageable solution.

Based on what evidence?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I miss the banter and the City street food market lunches.

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
                      I miss the banter and the City street food market lunches.

I miss the peace and quiet of my wife going to her office and me working from mine ... at home.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X