• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When lockdown is lifted is anyone planning to return to the office?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When lockdown is lifted is anyone planning to return to the office?

Have people decided what they will do when they will be asked to physically return to the office? Assuming there is no vaccine in place, but even so, it will take some time before everyone gets it…

I assume that it is similar for everyone around here that most of the job can be done remotely but I would expect there will be the odd push for people to return to their offices… management justifying their puerile existence. Better push for productivity.
    Not probably while we have the lockdown but with the immediate occasion as it will be considered “a win” for the people in charge.

I don’t have any health issues but not looking forward to go back to an office, not even working to be frank. Looking at few roles atm but only a few mentions of WFH, some of it seems to have some temporary wording in place… before “things get back to normal”. What normal means we don’t know.

I know someone from construction sector that already had the odd call to see if he is “open” to get back to work.
    Yes, missing to be productive, whatever that is.
    9.62%
    Yes, I’d rather not, but bills need to be payed.
    1.92%
    Yes, hating my existence, can’t stand another day with family.
    3.85%
    Yes, maybe with a rota in place and good social distancing rules.
    9.62%
    Yes, essential worker already in household. Risk is already there.
    0.00%
    No, only remote work, not intending to return anytime soon.
    63.46%
    No, not a chance without a robust solution in place.
    11.54%

I expect to be WFH for a long time with the occasional visit to client sites with social distancing observed.

Comment

i'll just carry working in my own office, in my house, as usual.

Comment

Where's the 'AndyW's mum' option?

D minus. Must try harder...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I have no desire to sit at work with a face mask on, pointless. I will be staying at home, with no more than a token visit from time to time.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

With high risk members of close family and one of the five staff in our office also high risk, I see little point putting my/our families and/or livelihoods at risk until a vaccine is proven. Life's short enough as it is.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              I have no desire to tulip at work with a face mask on, pointless. I will be staying at home, with no more than a token visit from time to time.
              FTFY

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                Have people decided what they will do when they will be asked to physically return to the office? Assuming there is no vaccine in place, but even so, it will take some time before everyone gets it…

I assume that it is similar for everyone around here that most of the job can be done remotely but I would expect there will be the odd push for people to return to their offices… management justifying their puerile existence. Better push for productivity.
                Not probably while we have the lockdown but with the immediate occasion as it will be considered “a win” for the people in charge.

I don’t have any health issues but not looking forward to go back to an office, not even working to be frank. Looking at few roles atm but only a few mentions of WFH, some of it seems to have some temporary wording in place… before “things get back to normal”. What normal means we don’t know.

I know someone from construction sector that already had the odd call to see if he is “open” to get back to work.
                Take the contract. If and if it gets lifted at some point with no vaccine and they ask you to come into office charge 3.5x rate as hazard pay. They can't force you. I'm working for a client and they would want me In the office but the project manager admitted if we want to stay from home that is up to us and within our rights unless everything is back to normal but normal won't be for at least another 15-18 months min which is when a vaccine is out and about.

Comment

I was 100% WFH before this virus, I'll remain 100% WFH when it all blows over. Nothing changes for me
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I'll continue as I used to - mostly WFH apart from the odd trip to sites around the world.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X