• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have your own opinion, be brave, be unique stop hiding behind sound bites

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have your own opinion, be brave, be unique stop hiding behind sound bites

One thing which has become apparent over the last few years post referendum is people without a mind off there own piping up with the same old tired slogans they've lifted from tabloid newspapers like the Sun and the Daily Mail.

I personally have not touched one of these disgusting papers in over 10 years, even a casual read is an affront to decency and basic intelligence.

Off course you are entitled to your opinions, but that's the point make them "your" opinions not regurgitated sound bites that people more intelligent than you have spent millions making you believe they are your opinions.

"Now it is not the time"
    It is the time, this is the most dangerous life changing event the vast majority will ever experience. There is a real chance we will enter a recession which could last a decade. People are dying, companies are going to the wall, millions unemployed and we have a government that is constantly lying and changing track.

"They are doing there best"
    No they are not, they have the worst record in the world, they have made countless mistakes. Ventilators contractors, herd immunity, £72 a week. It's people who actually give a crap who are holding them to account. Just because you have a semi detached in St Albans and a car on hire purchase does not mean they represent you in anyway shape or form.

"you lost get over it"
    We're over it, but we are not sure what we lost or what you won. We can provide numerous examples off how this is going to be an utter disaster. Be brave and do the same. Give us facts don't be a coward.

"you lefties"
    Education, NHS, Public Services, Holidays, employment rights these are all things we have had before the tories came into power. They are yours, not Richard Bransons, not EDFs. These are not lefty ideas we already had them.

"Taking back control of R borders"
    We always had control, we never lost it.

So there you have it, let's make a concerted effort to form our own opinions, to questions constructively and not be part of the lazy, sofa surfing, Kardashian generation. You'll be dead soon at least be alive now.
    Last edited by Shackattack; 29 April 2020, 14:40.

Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
    One thing which has become apparent over the last few years post referendum is people without a mind off there own piping up with the same old tired slogans they've lifted from tabloid newspapers like the Sun and the Dailymail.

I personally have not touched one of these disgusting papers in over 10 years, even a casual read is an affront to decency and basic intelligence.

Off course you are entitled to your opinions, but that's the point make them "your" opinions not regurgitated sound bites that people more intelligent than you have spent millions making you believe they are your opinions.

"Now it is not the time"
    It is the time, this is the most dangerous life changing event the vast majority will ever experience. There is a real chance we will enter a recession which could last a decade. People are dying, companies are going to the wall, millions unemployed and we have a government that is constantly lying and changing track.

No they are not, they have the worst record in the world, they have made countless mistakes. Ventilators contractors, herd immunity, £72 a week. It's people who actually give a crap who are holding them to account. Just because you have a semi detached in St Albans and a car on hire purchase does not mean they represent you in anyway shape or form.

"you lost get over it"
    We're over it, but we are not sure what we lost or what you won. We can provide numerous exmaples off how this is going to be an utter disaster. Be brave and do the same. Give us facts don't be a coward.

"you lefties"
    Education, NHS, Public Services, Holidays, employment rights these are all things we have had before the tories came into power. They are yours, not Richard Bransons, not EDFs. These are not lefty ideas we already had them.

So there you have it, let's make a concerted effort to form out own opinions, to questions constructively and not be part of the lazy, sofa surfing, Kardhashin generation. You'll be dead soon at least be alive now.
    Inneresting.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Inneresting.
      Quite.
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

got a thing about st albans too, for some strange reason.

Comment

Asking the Wailers to come up with ideas of their own is like asking an old kipper to solve the mystery the connects classical & quantum physics.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            got a thing about st albans too, for some strange reason.
            He/she heard it's full of twunts

Do we know anyone who lives in St Albans?
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

For someone claiming to be intelligent, your rant is full of errors. 3/10, could do better

Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
              One thing which has become apparent over the last few years post referendum is people without a mind off there own piping up with the same old tired slogans they've lifted from tabloid newspapers like the Sun and the Dailymail.

"Now it is not the time"

"you lost get over it"
              We're over it, but we are not sure what we lost or what you won. We can provide numerous exmaples off how this is going to be an utter disaster. Be brave and do the same. Give us facts don't be a coward.

"you lefties"

So there you have it, let's make a concerted effort to form out own opinions, to questions constructively and not be part of the lazy, sofa surfing, Kardhashin generation. You'll be dead soon at least be alive now.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                He/she heard it's full of twunts

Do we know anyone who lives in St Albans?
                i don't, no, but he does mention it a lot in his deranged (and very verbose) rantings

reminds me of JtB and dodgy rog.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  i don't, no, but he does mention it a lot in his deranged (and very verbose) rantings

reminds me of JtB and dodgy rog.
                  Good point maybe I should have used a town in Deepest Essex as more indicative of Tory voting back watersville.

It could really be anywhere and not meant to be literal.

Comment

Are you some kind of dull Labour troll?

Comment

Working...
                    X