• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Germany buying flu vaccines in bulk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    What, the comment by tazdevil that is a load of old bollocks?
    No, it isn't (not entirely, anyway). See my post above. Google will help you with anything you don't understand.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The usually thickos trying to deflect from the real point: a country planning ahead, however imperfectly, rather than reacting when its too late.

The 2nd wave should cull quite a few stupids.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        No, it isn't (not entirely, anyway). See my post above. Google will help you with anything you don't understand.
        Yes it is and Google only gives me this link: https://www.amazon.com/Surrounded-Id.../dp/B07K2NFXTD
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Yes it is and Google only gives me this link: Robot Check
          Most of your friends will have it already, I'm sure they'll lend you one.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

What, the comment by tazdevil that is a load of old bollocks?
            Which part? Did you not know that the flu virus evolves?
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              No need to sign off your posts. We know you're a cretin.

Do you understand how flu vaccines are formulated year by year?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                So do coronaviruses which means that you could get a variation later on so the current vaccine being developed would also mean tulip. However, you're still going to be protected from the existing one if you have the vaccine, same with flu. As corona has similar symptoms of flu then this is a step towards eliminating which virus you have...

Basically then, there is no point in having a vaccine for anything as all viruses evolve
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Basically then, there is no point in having a vaccine for anything as all viruses evolve

I wonder how some of these plonkers survive in the real world, they're so dumb.

Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

People with limited intelligence might find this useful How the flu vaccine works - NHS

The below quote is worth noting, and why Germany may have wasted their money - if they have stockpiled last year's vaccines, then these may add limited protection against the strains that the northern hemisphere will be exposed to this coming winter. Winter 2020/21 vaccines will not be available until about September.

Merkel's move is probably as much about PR as it is about a practical step.

In February each year, the World Health Organization (WHO) assesses the strains of flu virus that are most likely to be circulating in the northern hemisphere over the following winter.

Based on this assessment, WHO recommends which flu strains the vaccines should contain for the forthcoming winter.

Flu vaccines protect against 3 or 4 types of flu virus (usually 2 A types and 1 or 2 B types). Vaccine manufacturers produce flu vaccines based on WHO's recommendations.

For most flu vaccines, the strains of the viruses are grown either in hens' eggs or mammalian cells. These flu vaccines are used in all the countries in the northern hemisphere, not just the UK.

Production of the vaccine starts in March each year after WHO's announcement. The vaccine is usually available in the UK from September.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      People with limited intelligence might find this useful How the flu vaccine works - NHS

The below quote is worth noting, and why Germany may have wasted their money - if they have stockpiled last year's vaccines, then these may add limited protection against the strains that the northern hemisphere will be exposed to this coming winter. Winter 2020/21 vaccines will not be available until about September.

Merkel's move is probably as much about PR as it is about a practical step.
                      Why would they stockpile last years vaccines? Pharmaceutical buying decisions are taken months in advance. Doh!

https://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-conten...hortages-2.pdf

"Companies will have forecasted production based on expected demand several months in advance and will be unlikely to have significant reserves of products if not alerted"

So what will have happened is Germany tells AZ or GSK now that they want to purchase XXX more of 2020/2021 vaccine.
                      Last edited by sasguru; 30 April 2020, 12:56.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X