• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Germany buying flu vaccines in bulk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Why would they stockpile last years vaccines? Pharmaceutical buying decisions are taken months in advance. Doh!

https://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-conten...hortages-2.pdf

"Companies will have forecasted production based on expected demand several months in advance and will be unlikely to have significant reserves of products if not alerted"

So what will have happened is Germany tells AZ or GSK now that they want to purchase XXX more of 2020/2021 vaccine.
    Fair enough. To be honest, your posts bore me so I don't tend to read them. Just read the article and it is referring to the next flu season's vaccines. I don't know what Germany normally do wrt flu vaccines, but I'm not aware that we have a shortage of vaccines in the UK so why do you think we'd need to stockpile more, and why do you think we need to buy more vaccines?

This thread does pose the questions though ... why does someone who doesn't live in Germany and hence is not impacted by what Merkel et al do, and doesn't live in the UK hence is not impacted by what BoJo et al do, give a fook? Why not look at what the Portuguese are doing and see if this triggers you?

Nothing else to see here ... it's a non-story from an insignificant troll.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Fair enough. To be honest, your posts bore me so I don't tend to read them. Just read the article and it is referring to the next flu season's vaccines. I don't know what Germany normally do wrt flu vaccines, but I'm not aware that we have a shortage of vaccines in the UK so why do you think we'd need to stockpile more, and why do you think we need to buy more vaccines?

This thread does pose the questions though ... why does someone who doesn't live in Germany and hence is not impacted by what Merkel et al do, and doesn't live in the UK hence is not impacted by what BoJo et al do, give a fook? Why not look at what the Portuguese are doing and see if this triggers you?

Nothing else to see here ... it's a non-story from an insignificant troll.
      I'll leave you to think through the significance of this thread. But I have no hope of your doing so.
      As for "insignificant troll" that's a good description of your classic "Covid is no great shakes" thread, which I can't even bother to dig out.
      Mince will be mince I suppose.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Which part? Did you not know that the flu virus evolves?
        Don't bother - we're cretins, remember?
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Don't bother - we're cretins, remember?
          How can we forget? Because predictably as ever you cretins keep digging however your asinine your assertions. Try reading the posts that followed the one you quote.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Somebody do me a favour and reply to whatever drivel the village idiot posted above so I can have another good laugh.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Pharmaceutical buying decisions are taken months in advance.
              If only your parents had thought about that...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Somebody do me a favour and reply to whatever drivel the village idiot posted above so I can have another good laugh.
                Its obvious you can't do without my posts. Ask someone with more brains than you (i.e. almost anyone) how to un-ignore
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well the SNP have been quick off the mark according to a letter Ive just recieved here in East Kilbride the COVID19 vaccine which was in fact nicked from a lab in Oxford by the SNP much to Boris's chargin will be dispensed gratis by a fleet of council daleks - and next year COVID20 and thereafter COVID21 etc ad infinitum... unsure if you can select which microchip you would like - or perhaps leave that to the daleks discretion.

Well then - there you have it,

Oh - before i go - remember boys and girls - you can't be too careful these days. ..
                  Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 30 April 2020, 17:36.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                    Oh - before i go - remember boys and girls - you can't be too careful these days. ..
                    Trust No One!

The Truth Is Out There!
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                    X