• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there anything out there?....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    Today recruiter called me and asked if I consider going perm. He said that most contractors now are going perm and contracting will not be possible next year so why not get job security today.

I tried not to laugh.
    But I fear tomorrow you'll be crying....

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
      ...confusion - will be my Epitath.

No use to complain when
      Youre caught out in the rain
      CatFood - again

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
        ...confusion - will be my Epitath.

No use to complain when
        Youre caught out in the rain
        CatFood - again
        Is that being catfood again or eating catfood again

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
          Crying is cathartic. No shame in that.

I'd rather die in a ditch.

Comment

Crying is cathartic. No shame in that.

I'd rather die in a ditch.
            I thought the same thing a few months back and made my own "Die in a ditch" decision. Nobody told me it would be so ditchy and die-y. Just between the two of us, dying in a ditch really sucks.

Comment

Agencies will not show you any contract role if you give them even a hint that you might go perm as they have loads of those to fill and make more profit.

Comment

Agencies will not show you any contract role if you give them even a hint that you might go perm as they have loads of those to fill and make more profit.
                Yeah but contracts are so easy it's barely any work for them. I get that they'll use the desirable contract roles to source candidates for perm jobs but it's not the same candidates they're putting forward for their contracts. If you say no to perm they probably won't even submit you for the contract role.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
                  Yeah but contracts are so easy it's barely any work for them. I get that they'll use the desirable contract roles to source candidates for perm jobs but it's not the same candidates they're putting forward for their contracts. If you say no to perm they probably won't even submit you for the contract role.
                  There is that group too. Bait and switch. They will tell you about this great contract they have and then after talks with the client they'll say they actually want perm and are happy to take you on.
                  Had those time wasters in the past but now are all blocked.

Comment

Working...
                  X