• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Make China Pay!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    "Despite the initial slow reaction of the government."

Hold our beer while we get a list of dissidents together to round up while we're in lockdown morelike.

They knew about it in early December. Mid-January, China and the WHO were still telling the world that it wasn't transmittable from human to human.
    You mean that's what Trump said.

WHO warned of transmission risk in January, despite Trump claims

The technical guidance notes published by the WHO on the 10 and 11 of January were issued when suspected infections in China comprised a few dozen cases.

The notes lay out detailed clinical criteria for dealing with suspected cases as well as warning of the risk of ease of transmission both by airborne droplets and contact with contaminated surfaces, suggesting isolation procedures.

As well as being posted online, the guidance was sent to the organisation’s regional emergency directors and country heads to be circulated to senior health officials.

One note, published on 11 January, advised clinicians and health officials to be alert to the emergence of clusters of cases as well as any “evidence of amplified or sustained human-to-human transmission” despite the Chinese, at that stage, not reporting sustained local transmission.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      No, I mean that's what WHO said on their official Twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1217043229427761152

You're slagging off Trump but then quote the Graun. Unbelievable Jeff!!
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

...now I understand I thought you were a tabloid reader but you're into twitter science

That's right they had no clear evidence but warned about it in their briefings:
        WHO Timeline - COVID-19

WHO's technical lead for the response noted in a press briefing there may have been limited human-to-human transmission of the coronavirus (in the 41 confirmed cases), mainly through family members, and that there was a risk of a possible wider outbreak. The lead also said that human-to-human transmission would not be surprising given our experience with SARS, MERS and other respiratory pathogens.
        Twitter science is entertaining though.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 1 May 2020, 07:29.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

...now I understand I thought you were a tabloid reader but you're into twitter science

That's right they had no clear evidence but warned about it in their briefings:
          WHO Timeline - COVID-19

Twitter science is entertaining though.

So I pull a tweet up at the time it happened and you link to a timeline they made up earlier this week? OK, you stick with that.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Do you understand the difference between a) risk of transmission,b) no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission, and (to use your words) c) 'telling the world that it wasn't transmittable from human to human.'

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Do you understand the difference between a) risk of transmission,b) no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission, and (to use your words) c) 'telling the world that it wasn't transmittable from human to human.'
              This is twit-ter

I'm alright Jack

Comment

This is twit-ter

The nefarious WHO has gone to a lot of trouble to cover its tracks. The conspiracy must run deep that they've not been found out for faking this Disease Outbreak News release from 16 January:

WHO | Novel Coronavirus – Japan (ex-China)

Extract:

Much remains to be understood about the new coronavirus, which was first identified in China earlier this month. Not enough is known about 2019-nCoV to draw definitive conclusions about how it is transmitted, clinical features of disease, or the extent to which it has spread. The source also remains unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  The nefarious WHO has gone to a lot of trouble to cover its tracks. The conspiracy must run deep that they've not been found out for faking this Disease Outbreak News release from 16 January:

WHO | Novel Coronavirus – Japan (ex-China)

Extract:
                  Indeed, the first patients appeared in the hospitals in December in the middle of the flu season with pneumonia. Obviously they immediately knew this was a new dangerous virus with an R.0 of 6.2 and covered up.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Indeed, the first patients appeared in the hospitals in December in the middle of the flu season with pneumonia. Obviously they immediately knew this was a new dangerous virus with an R.0 of 6.2 and covered up.
                    It's a monstrous conspiracy, as even Google is on claiming that the web page was published on 16 January. I guess anything can be faked if you have the NWO medical deep state on board.

inurl:https://www.who.int/csr/don/16-january-2020-novel-coronavirus-japan-ex-china/en/ - Google Search

Comment

I know something about this as I'm working in the area and in the last few days have had to read as much academic literature on Covid as I can.
                      It seems an unusual form of what was then thought to be pneumonia started appearing in Wuhan in late December.
                      By late December/early Jan (uncertain exactly when) some doctors attempted to spread the word that it was an unknown and possibly dangerously transmissible virus.
                      The authorities clamped down on them for about a week or two (time unknown for sure).
                      There was then a standoff between the Chinese leadership establishment and its scientific community which the latter won and the WHO was notified.
                      At this point the exact method and rate of transmission was unknown as with all new diseases.

Seems to me that at all points WHO put out what they knew. But in the Swine Flu epidemic of 2009-10 discouraged them from crying wolf too early.
                      They were heavily criticised during that episode for declaring a pandemic too early.

With an R number of 3 (which is very high in terms of exponential spread) Covid spread faster than Chinese authorities or WHO could keep up.
                      That's been the case even in some countries which had plenty of notice and time to prepare like the UK.

To summarise, yes the Chinese did cover up to start with, but their scientists rebelled and it was all out in the open by mid to late Jan.
                      (I have the advantage of working in the field and I postponed booking holidays in late Jan as I would otherwise have done, as I thought this would become big).
                      Could they have prevented it spreading if that week or 2 cover up hadn't happened?
                      Hard to tell.
                      Its so transmissible that I doubt it. Just 10 people visiting China and contracting it would have spread it to 30, those 30 to 90, 90 to 270 etc.
                      As we have seen in the UK you only need a few tens or hundreds of travellers/tourists to China/Italy to start a raging community transmission.
                      And since it can be spread asymptomatically, the Chinese would have had to have banned all travel by everybody at that time.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X