• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thoughts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    Come on man, be serious. These bats don't just "fly around"! They use sophisticated echo location that is a product of million of years of evolution. How many bat crashes have you heard about? Their flights are safer than humans most cutting-edge planes.

Such bat would never fly into human, however humans even fly into buildings or mountains were bats take rest.
    Bats Crash Into Each Other All the Time, High-Speed Cameras Reveal - VICE

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Thoughts?
      You should confine yourself to excelling in your permie role.
      Your manager wont be interested in your Covid thoughts at your bi-monthly appraisal.
      Leave virology and epidemiology to the experts.

HTH, BIDI
      Nah, that was a bit weak.

2/10

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        No evidence then? It could be true of course, like many things, but where is the evidence?
        Well, I think there's were a few whistle-blowers about the Wuhan institute, but unfortunately they all died recently.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Nah, that was a bit weak.

2/10
          Unfair. I thought the "bi-monthly appraisal" thing was classy
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

We have found, shocking to us, that bats crash into each other quite often. It's a messy situation, but generally it's very safe and it works very well.
            So do they really crashing if it is safe and "works very well"? Have you seen human crash that "works very well"?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Well, I think there's were a few whistle-blowers about the Wuhan institute, but unfortunately they all died recently.
              Show us the evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Show us the evidence.
                Chinese whistleblowers who spoke about coronavirus have vanished, died - Business Insider
                Coronavirus: journalist missing in Wuhan as anger towards Chinese authorities grows | World news | The Guardian

Fake news!

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
                  Come on man, be serious. These bats don't just "fly around"! They use sophisticated echo location that is a product of million of years of evolution. How many bat crashes have you heard about? Their flights are safer than humans most cutting-edge planes.

Such bat would never fly into human, however humans even fly into buildings or mountains were bats take rest.
                  Bat virome - Wikipedia

Contact with bat fluids such as feces, urine, and saliva is an important source of spillover from bats to humans
                  A forest full of bat sh*t is probably a more likely source of the virus than a sealed test tube.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

This thread underlines a very basic ignorance of virology by the thread starter.

HTh BIDI.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

In any case the early patients weren't from the Lab they were all at the market. If the virus had started at the Lab then all the patients would have come from there.

I wouldn't have though that highly trained virologists would pop down to some grubby market for the afternoon.

The sellers in the market would have been catching animals to sell in forests covered in bat droppings.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X