• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If I go for a run and don't post it on Facebook did I go for a run?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Quite the opposite. Surrender Boris and take advice from people who are qualified to speak about health from a medical or scientific point of view.
    These are his words:

I’m shaking hands continuously. I was at a hospital the other night where I think there were actually a few coronavirus patients and I shook hands with everybody, you’ll be pleased to know. I continue to shake hands.
    We already have a fantastic NHS, fantastic testing systems and fantastic surveillance of the spread of the disease … I want to stress that for the vast majority of the people of this country, we should be going about our business as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Quite the opposite. Surrender Boris and take advice from people who are qualified to speak about health from a medical or scientific point of view.
      These are his words:

I’m shaking hands continuously. I was at a hospital the other night where I think there were actually a few coronavirus patients and I shook hands with everybody, you’ll be pleased to know. I continue to shake hands.
      We already have a fantastic NHS, fantastic testing systems and fantastic surveillance of the spread of the disease … I want to stress that for the vast majority of the people of this country, we should be going about our business as usual.
      Ah, yes, so sensible advice was stay in, don't touch, don't go about BAU.

Boris advice was "go out, herd immunity, etc"

A bit like dx's attitude - go out, ignore the intelligent people.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ah, yes, so sensible advice was stay in, don't touch, don't go about BAU.

Boris advice was "go out, herd immunity, etc"

A bit like dx's attitude - go out, ignore the intelligent people.
        Common sense says you'd be fine having a few pints down your local 'Spoons with all the other old geezers.

Comment

ignore the intelligent people.
          You mean people like Chris "I caught the virus because I didn't socially distance and follow my own advice" Whitty ?

Comment

I find it amazing how presumably clever people like WTFH on occasions like this will totally surrender all common sense and sensible thought for the slogan and hugely dummed down message (to the point it makes no logical sense) of the government. To the point they just copy paste on page after page the accusation that unless you follow the dummed down illogical advice you are some how providing a death warrant to most the UK and you obviously couldn't care less about the NHS.

I mean its madness really. Entertaining, but madness...

If I go out for a run 20 times in a day, socially distance and don't touch anyone I can't possibly spread the virus.

Compared to the person buying fags and booze at Asda, touching, breathing all other a busy supermarket.

Ones allowed, one isn't (it isn't actually unlawful - just in your eyes). Yet I am the bad one, and the guy out for a packet of chocolate biscuits and some Merlot isn't

Surrender all common sense and logic though people No more free thinking. Do as they say, not as they do!!
            Last edited by dx4100; 1 May 2020, 14:58.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
                I find it amazing how presumably clever people like WTFH on occasions like this will totally surrender all common sense and sensible thought for the slogan and hugely dummed down message (to the point it makes no logical sense) of the government. To the point they just copy paste on page after page the accusation that unless you follow the dummed down illogical advice you are some how providing a death warrant to most the UK and you obviously couldn't care less about the NHS.

If I go out for a run 20 times in a day, socially distance and don't touch anyone I can't possibly spread the virus.

Compared to the person buying fags and booze at Asda, touching, breathing all other a busy supermarket.

Ones allowed, one isn't (it isn't actually unlawful - just in your eyes). Yet I am the bad one, and the guy out for a packet of chocolate biscuits and some Merlot isn't

Surrender all common sense and logic though people No more free thinking. Do as they say, not as they do!!
                Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Classic.
                  DOH

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post

Comment

I agree with dx4100.
                      If you look after your health you're less likely to succumb to Covid and take up a hospital bed.
                      And going for a run, if you're careful and don't do it in a crowded areal, is far safer for everyone than going to the supermarket where in the 2 countries I've lived in since this started, no one bothers with SD and many seem to use it a way to get out judging by the useless crap in their baskets.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X