• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If I go for a run and don't post it on Facebook did I go for a run?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I agree with dx4100.
    If you look after your health you're less likely to succumb to Covid and take up a hospital bed.
    And going for a run, if you're careful and don't do it in a crowded areal, is far safer for everyone than going to the supermarket where in the 2 countries I've lived in since this started, no one bothers with SD and many seem to use it a way to get out judging by the useless crap in their baskets.
    I really care about the NHS - four very close family members working in the service putting their lives at risk every day for us all. They aren't stupid or melodramatic about all this either. The think the public are being treated like babies.

Its comical that six / seven weeks in we are still working on the concept that people out and about, exercising, looking after themselves and following the advice to socially distance etc are some how uncaring and presenting a danger. People are being abused for going to work. The people saying this stuff are starting to look really stupid to be frank. The government are really struggling to keep such an illogical message going.

I think some people crave an opportunity to lord over others and its good chance for them to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Well, let's hope you haven't picked up or spread the virus because you're too selfish to care about the NHS or your family and friends.

Your call.
      Supermarkets, risky. Other shops, risky. Public transport? Risky.

Going a run on a street or empty housing estate road with nobody around? Not risky at all in terms of spreading the virus. Perspective.

One thing to remember is that you shouldn't keep two metres apart. You should keep at least two metres apart, eight or more metres ideally. Exercise outdoors is fine; use your brain, rather than be a stickler where it is ill-fitting.
      Last edited by rogerfederer; 1 May 2020, 15:46.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
        I find it amazing how presumably clever people like WTFH on occasions like this will totally surrender all common sense and sensible thought for the slogan and hugely dummed down message (to the point it makes no logical sense) of the government. To the point they just copy paste on page after page the accusation that unless you follow the dummed down illogical advice you are some how providing a death warrant to most the UK and you obviously couldn't care less about the NHS.

I mean its madness really. Entertaining, but madness...

If I go out for a run 20 times in a day, socially distance and don't touch anyone I can't possibly spread the virus.

Compared to the person buying fags and booze at Asda, touching, breathing all other a busy supermarket.

Ones allowed, one isn't (it isn't actually unlawful - just in your eyes). Yet I am the bad one, and the guy out for a packet of chocolate biscuits and some Merlot isn't

Surrender all common sense and logic though people No more free thinking. Do as they say, not as they do!!

I find it not at all amazing that you repeat your lie that I have surrendered to the government.

You want "free thinking", move to America and listen to Trump. Don't listen to HCPs. Don't list to scientists. And of course, keep repeating your lie that anyone who knows a little about what's actually going on is just obeying everything the idiot in number 10 and his controllers say.

You claim you go out for a run and don't touch anything, don't see anyone, never sit down for a breather, never take a drink while you're out, never spit, never stop to tie your shoe laces, amazing.

Now please explain to us why social distancing is illogical in protecting others from infection.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
          One thing to remember is that you shouldn't keep two metres apart. You should keep at least two metres apart, eight or more metres ideally. Exercise outdoors is fine; use your brain, rather than be a stickler where it is ill-fitting.
          Yup. Cyclists need to be at least 20m apart, runners at least 10m, etc.
          Unfortunately "using your brain" is what makes some people thing that it's perfect safe and not at all unreasonable for them to do whatever they want.

Comment

You claim you go out for a run and don't touch anything, don't see anyone, never sit down for a breather, never take a drink while you're out, never spit, never stop to tie your shoe laces, amazing.

I regularly go out for a run and don't do any of those things (pre Covid). I live in a suburb in a large city. Now, If I see someone I run across the road in good time. There's only a handful if people at the times I choose: 7 am and sundown. If its raining I make sure I go for an extra run because there's no one at all.*

I don't spit ever (you don't need to, swallow your phelgm) . The other stuff isn't likely to spread Covid or make you have it. It doesn't travel through the air you know

You're being illogical.

*I've been out 3 times this week. I've probably had Covid.
            Last edited by sasguru; 1 May 2020, 16:09.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

But let's go back to the OP, if he posts all his runs on facebook and one of his mates who lives in a tower block decides to run down the stairs (touching the bannister), then go out on a busy road on his bike, all the while going "my smart mate DX says it's perfectly safe and if you listen to HCPs you're being an idiot, so I'm listening to him", well that's when things start getting further out of control again. And DX continues on blindly in the belief that his actions have no impact on others.

Comment

But let's go back to the OP, if he posts all his runs on facebook and one of his mates who lives in a tower block decides to run down the stairs (touching the bannister), then go out on a busy road on his bike, all the while going "my smart mate DX says it's perfectly safe and if you listen to HCPs you're being an idiot, so I'm listening to him", well that's when things start getting further out of control again. And DX continues on blindly in the belief that his actions have no impact on others.
                FFS We all live in detached houses in sparsely-populated rich leafy areas shirley. Very little risk going for a run compared to going to the supermarket.*
                Why would you post your runs on FB?

Have you been drinking, you're making no sense.

*That scares me, since I saw the lack of SD. We get everything delivered however expensive and have a freezer stocked up in the garage.
                Last edited by sasguru; 1 May 2020, 16:10.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

I love the way sassy posts, and then posts again under his sockie account rogerfederer, basically the same thing, so it looks like someone is agreeing with him...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    I love the way sassy posts, and then posts again under his sockie account rogerfederer, basically the same thing, so it looks like someone is agreeing with him...

Just one of my many sockies. You are too.
                    No but seriously roger is a bit dim and looks up to me, that's why he apes me.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Just one of my many sockies. You are too.
                      No but seriously roger is a bit dim and looks up to me, that's why he apes me.
                      We really need to start taking those meds again, don't I?

Comment

Working...
                      X