• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If I go for a run and don't post it on Facebook did I go for a run?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    FFS We all live in detached houses in sparsely-populated rich leafy areas shirley. Very little risk going for a run compared to going to the supermarket.*
    Why would you post your runs on FB?

Have you been drinking, you're making no sense.

*That scares me, since I saw the lack of SD. We get everything delivered however expensive and have a freezer stocked up in the garage.
    I find the supermarket is OK at 9 p.m. as there aren't many people there and certainly no queues. It's quite eerie though. Everyone is very good at social distancing.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      I find the supermarket is OK at 9 p.m. as there aren't many people there and certainly no queues. It's quite eerie though. Everyone is very good at social distancing.
      That's because you are one fugly & smelly git.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        never sit down for a breather, never take a drink while you're out, never spit, never stop to tie your shoe laces, amazing.

Now please explain to us why social distancing is illogical in protecting others from infection.
        You really think of that is amazing ? lol You really need to exercise more

I am actually trying to explain to you how socially distancing is the key lol not the amount of times you go for a run

Comment

Yup. Cyclists need to be at least 20m apart, runners at least 10m, etc.
          There isn't any peer reviewed science on that as far as I know. There was a basic study done.

Comment

But let's go back to the OP, if he posts all his runs on facebook and one of his mates who lives in a tower block decides to run down the stairs (touching the bannister), then go out on a busy road on his bike, all the while going "my smart mate DX says it's perfectly safe and if you listen to HCPs you're being an idiot, so I'm listening to him", well that's when things start getting further out of control again. And DX continues on blindly in the belief that his actions have no impact on others.
            I don't live in a tower block - I live in a detached house in the countryside - logic fail.
            Last edited by dx4100; 1 May 2020, 16:34.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
              I don't live in a tower block - I live in a detached house in the countryside - logic fail.
              If you are posting on Facebook then someone you are linked to will live in a tower book. I believe on Facebook people you are linked to are your "friends"?
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                If you are posting on Facebook then someone you are linked to will live in a tower book. I believe on Facebook people you are linked to are your "friends"?
                This is a different discussion by I don't know a single person who lives in a tower block.
                Upmarket flat yes, especially in Europe, but not tower block as in council high rise.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  My mate Kev lives in a tower block (upmarket city apartment). He goes to an office every day to work. The government said this is ok. I am sure he touches the handrail.

Stupid government ? Stupid experts ?

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
                    My mate Kev lives in a tower block (upmarket city apartment). He goes to an office every day to work. The government said this is ok. I am sure he touches the lift button

Stupid government ? Stupid experts ?
                    FTFY
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

https://www.college.police.uk/What-w...ble-excuse.pdf

Thought I would leave this here for the white horse riders who don’t understand the rules

Comment

Working...
                      X