• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If I go for a run and don't post it on Facebook did I go for a run?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mostly walk, only occasional bit of running. It's usually all recorded on my Garmin Oregon.

If you ain't got one, this app is pretty good. Works on my fairly old (and cheap obviously) Android.

Komoot | Better Planning and Navigation for Hikers and Bikers
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
      I don't live in a tower block - I live in a detached house in the countryside - logic fail.

OK, time for internet forums for dummies - i.e. YOU need to read this, dx4100.

1. You are posting anonymously on a publicly searchable internet forum.
      2. The people who can read your posts do not know all the details of your background, your circumstances, the relevant facts.
      3. Some, more or less, of what you post may contain elements of truth. You're best placed to guess that one. No one else can be certain.
      4. Some people will read your posts and look up to you. They learn from you and have some aspiration to be like you. If you do/say something, then they will consider it's a good idea for them to do it too.
      5. Some people will read your posts and consider you their equal. If you do something and seem happy about it, why didn't they think about that, they should do it too.
      6. Some people will read your posts and look down on you. If you do something that sounds good, they will want to do it x10.

On here you've posted - without context - that it's ok to go out as often as you want.
      You've posted mocking people who shop at Asda
      You've derided scientists and medical advice.
      You've said that anyone who takes advice from scientists is a government drone.

So, without any context, you've boasted about what you think is fine, and that advice to do otherwise is just aimed at the stupid.
      When challenged, you either belatedly add context, or try to mock those who challenge you.

If someone reads your posts on here and decides they should do the same, do you accept any responsibility for them doing that? Or are you like Trump, you come out with things such as injecting bleach, then deny all responsibly when people actually try it?

Do you get it now? Sharing things in public has its consequences. For the sake of the health of others, maybe be a bit more considerate in future.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ok, we better not post anything on facebook or any other public forum () incase some thickos unable to use their own common sense use it as inspiration to go out and spread the virus.

Muppets that are still spreading the virus (if indeed it is people out in public after 5 weeks of lockdown, that aren't key workers forced to work in potentially unsafe conditions still causing the ~5k new cases per day) then they dont need any further inspiration as they're clearly not capable of intelligent thought.

For the record I drove a 20 mile round trip to go and run on the nearest long beach earlier at low tide, as it's safer than the local paths and trails which get rammed with dog walkers, cyclists, and other runners at the weekend. I didn't touch anything in public other than the ground with my feet. There were only a handful of people on a 2 mile stretch of beach so I was able to stay at least 50 metres away from them.

Apart from risk of breakdown (I would have got a family member to come and rescue me, towing the car if necessary) I see this as no more risky than sitting indoors. Didn't see any plod to worry about trying to convince them of this or take the 30 quid fine, which on balance I think would have been worth it anyway. Car park right next to the beach not even charging at the moment. Bonus.

My conscience is clear.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          OK, time for internet forums for dummies - i.e. YOU need to read this, dx4100.

1. You are posting anonymously on a publicly searchable internet forum.
          2. The people who can read your posts do not know all the details of your background, your circumstances, the relevant facts.
          3. Some, more or less, of what you post may contain elements of truth. You're best placed to guess that one. No one else can be certain.
          4. Some people will read your posts and look up to you. They learn from you and have some aspiration to be like you. If you do/say something, then they will consider it's a good idea for them to do it too.
          5. Some people will read your posts and consider you their equal. If you do something and seem happy about it, why didn't they think about that, they should do it too.
          6. Some people will read your posts and look down on you. If you do something that sounds good, they will want to do it x10.

On here you've posted - without context - that it's ok to go out as often as you want.
          You've posted mocking people who shop at Asda
          You've derided scientists and medical advice.
          You've said that anyone who takes advice from scientists is a government drone.

So, without any context, you've boasted about what you think is fine, and that advice to do otherwise is just aimed at the stupid.
          When challenged, you either belatedly add context, or try to mock those who challenge you.

If someone reads your posts on here and decides they should do the same, do you accept any responsibility for them doing that? Or are you like Trump, you come out with things such as injecting bleach, then deny all responsibly when people actually try it?

Do you get it now? Sharing things in public has its consequences. For the sake of the health of others, maybe be a bit more considerate in future.
          I thought you were drunk yesterday. But unless it was a huge sesh, then I conclude that you merely lack critical thinking skills.
          Restrictions are there to enforce SD and reduce the R number.
          Going for a run (which the way you described it yesterday you clearly don't do) in a very sparsely populated area is not risky for you or anyone else at all.
          Staying at home, not taking exercise, maybe eating and drinking too much (which according to you is within the rules) is much more harmful for society as it results in beds being taken up.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            My conscience is clear.
            Basically this...

Oh and again, here is the real advice...

https://www.college.police.uk/What-w...ble-excuse.pdf

Likely to be reasonable - Exercising more than once per day

This is probably why the cops didn't bother coming around when my neighbour reported me I presume.

Hopefully anyone reading my posts will read the real advice above and not take WTFH incorrect advice on the subject where he basically accused me unfairly of not caring about the NHS, his wife or my friends and family.

Anyway - time for a run :P
            Last edited by dx4100; 2 May 2020, 10:56.

Comment

This is probably why the cops didn't bother coming around when my neighbour reported me I presume.
              How do you know your neighbour reported you?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                How do you know your neighbour reported you?
                She told me! Been friends for years but we are living in strange times where people are literally losing the plot.

I did tell her that the advice had been clarified that you can go out twice, that we had tons of space and I would be keeping more than the 2 meter distance - but there was no reasoning - similar unresonable line as WTFH has taken with me.

Sad times.

I am bit of a jerk I must admit though - I have a few of these types on my facebook and I really shouldn't wind them up but I can't help myself.

Comment

She told me! Been friends for years but we are living in strange times where people are literally losing the plot.

I did tell her that the advice had been clarified that you can go out twice but there was no reasoning.

Sad times.
                  Bizarre. Wouldn't be speaking to them again.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Bizarre. Wouldn't be speaking to them again.
                    Hopefully it will all calm down in the end!

Comment

Working...
                    X