• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Protest at lack of PPE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protest at lack of PPE

Contrary to some cretins on here, the lack of PPE for medical professionals isn't restricted to the UK NHS. Who'd have thunk it eh ....

German doctors pose naked in protest at PPE shortages | World news | The Guardian
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

KUATB: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-shortage.html
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Contrary to some cretins on here, the lack of PPE for medical professionals isn't restricted to the UK NHS. Who'd have thunk it eh ....

German doctors pose naked in protest at PPE shortages | World news | The Guardian
      Ignoratio Elenchi.

Another logically flawed argument. The fact that Germany (and in fact many other countries) have a PPE shortage, does not negate the fact that egregious errors in PPE stockpiling and distribution were made in the UK.

This is not just semantics. Given what we know about the viral load front-line staff are exposed to and therefore the increased risk of severe Covid they face, any errors by the government should be exposed rather than covered up.

Or perhaps you'd just rather clap one day a week.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Ignoratio Elenchi.

Another logically flawed argument. The fact that Germany (and in fact many other countries) have a PPE shortage, does not negate the fact that egregious errors in PPE stockpiling and distribution were made in the UK.

This is not just semantics. Given what we know about the viral load front-line staff are exposed to and therefore the increased risk of severe Covid they face, any errors by the government should be exposed rather than covered up.

Or perhaps you'd just rather clap one day a week.
        Ah, I see ..... when another country does something that you think the UK is not doing then they're right and we're wrong. But, when others are suffering the same problems as the UK, then the UK is still wrong. Seems no matter what the story, you try to spin it so that the UK is wrong. You have a real chip on your shoulder that you no longer live in the UK

Tell you what fella, why not just fook off to whatever country you claim to live in now and let the rest of us enjoy our lovely country

And, for the record, I don't clap on Thursdays. I'm not part of the facebook world where I have to video myself trying to get my fookin 15 minutes of fame and showing the world how worthy I am.

Likewise, I don't phone 111 when I have a little cough, and then claim I've had covid-19 when looking for attention and sympathy from forum members who think I'm a twunt

Comment

Ah, I see ..... when another country does something that you think the UK is not doing then they're right and we're wrong. But, when others are suffering the same problems as the UK, then the UK is still wrong.
          You really struggle with basic logic, don't you?

Likewise, I don't phone 111 when I have a little cough, and then claim I've had covid-19 when looking for attention and sympathy from forum members who think I'm a twunt
          A little cough? And you call me a twunt? Much as you're a fool, I hope you don't get the "liittle cough".
          Last edited by sasguru; 2 May 2020, 10:41.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Don't forget that this article is in fact about GPs and not hospital doctors so a slightly different view should be taken when reading the article. GPs here are not the same as an NHS GP but are, in most cases, private practices so the doctors tend to be self employed or running a business
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Don't forget that this article is in fact about GPs and not hospital doctors so a slightly different view should be taken when reading the article. GPs here are not the same as an NHS GP but are, in most cases, private practices so the doctors tend to be self employed or running a business
              Any protests from front line staff in Germany?
              I would expect some shortage everywhere at this stage, even if the hard-of-thinking can't distinguish that from systematic failure.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

The fact as that German hospitals are empty. Well prepared teams of epidemiologists are sitting around drinking coffee.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  A little cough? And you call me a twunt? Much as you're a fool, I hope you don't get the "liittle cough".
                  I said you had a little cough, not that covid-19 is a little cough. And you claim I struggle with logic. Cretin

Comment

I said you had a little cough, not that covid-19 is a little cough. And you claim I struggle with logic. Cretin
                    Yes I know what you said.
                    On the basis of what evidence?
                    In actual fact I still have the "little cough" intermittently a month later and at its peak it meant being unable to sleep for 3 days, in constant pain from the doubling up.

No need to sign off your posts BTW, the whole congregation understands you're a cretin
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X