• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chalk replaces Gloves as the New Sledges!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One my Trade Clients

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Well having focused on being a full time Amazon seller this year, everybody is buying stuff online except sledges (which luckily I dont have)

Just as the pandemic kicked off, Amazon stopped taking non-essentials into their warehouse which meant I got stuck with loads and loads of toys at home and in the lockup. I immediately got a courier up and running and have been shipping out of the house for the past 5/6 weeks until Amazon opened up again.

A week before lockdown I sourced 1500 Boxes of Latex gloves which made a nice profit and then last week I realised that people on facebook groups were asking for chalk as there was none in the shops. So I looked at my suppliers and on one website they had an advert for chalk with no pictures, so no-body had bought it.

I bought the entire lot, three pallets, 1.5 tonnes of prime A grade childrens chalk for £3k which is now in the top 10 on Amazon & selling like hotcakes and will return me a £7k profit. £500 so far this morning and it's only 9.30

Now I wonder what's going to replace the chalk?
    I have a fleet of Jaguar motor cars (£1.75 million the lot) and 2 Embraer jets (£10 million each) amongst other things (consignments of bicycles, treadmills and more) available on behalf of clients.
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
      I have a fleet of Jaguar motor cars (£1.75 million the lot) and 2 Embraer jets (£10 million each) amongst other things (consignments of bicycles, treadmills and more) available on behalf of clients.
      Have you got a Tornado?

Comment

And if you found you couldn't sell it, would you -chalk- it up to experience?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Have you got a Tornado?
          No but it is possible I either know someone who does or can find you one
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
            No but it is possible I either know someone who does or can find you one
            Do you like spaghetti?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
              And if you found you couldn't sell it, would you -chalk- it up to experience?
              I reckon I’ve got a few weeks to shift it all. Once lockdown ends and the kids are back to school no chalk rainbows or hopscotch in the street :-)
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Do you like spaghetti?
                Carbonara is my favourite
                Former IPSE member
                My Website

Comment

Working...
                X